Part 8

Spencer PoV

I eventually found it in myself to pull away. If I knew he'd be taking me back to my house, I wouldn't have been able to, but he had said okay. I was kinda freaking out. He knew now, and at any moment he could decide I was disgusting, and leave me. But he never did. In fact we made it all the way to his house without incident. Though I was completely capable of it myself, Liam came around and opened my door for me, taking my hand in his as he led me inside. The contact shot nerves through every inch of my arm, but I tried to pretend I didn't notice. When we got in, his mom greeted us and, though I saw her eyes drift to it, made no mention of the hand holding. He led me to his room, and quietly shut the door behind him. He grabbed a pair of pajamas to let me borrow and threw them at me, "Go ahead and take a shower." I was about to turn to head to his bathroom when he spoke again.

"Oh and Spencer?" My head whipped back, and before I could even react, Liam had grabbed my waste and pulled me into a hug, his body warmth enveloping me and making me feel safer than I had at any other point in my life. "You are worth more than any singular thing about you, and more than you will ever know."

I started crying. I hadn't believed John and William at first, when they would speak out on my worth and uselessness. And it wasn't that I necessarily believed them now, but once you've been told something so many times, there's a certain point where you accepted it. Being told, especially by Liam, something like that, made me break down. It made me realize the toll the emotional abuse had had on me, though it sometimes wasn't noticeable.

I didn't want Liam to see me cry, which was stupid because I had just sobbed into him in the car an hour earlier, but nevertheless I moved to wipe the tears from rolling down my face. As I did, Liam realized me and turned around, "Okay, now you can take a shower."

I did as I was told, and took one of the fastest showers of my life, and changed into his pajamas when I got out. Liam's clothes were far too large for me, and almost all of both my shoulders were exposed. I walked out, and Liam walked in, doing that heavenly thing where he runs his fingers through my hair. I have to stop and close my eyes every time. His shower was just as short, but somehow the minutes dragged on, and I got more lonesome the longer he was in there. Eventually he got out, and I realized with quite a start that he didn't have a shirt on, nor did he plan on putting one on.

"Where are you sleeping?"

"I- I'll sleep on the floor."

He just shrugged, "Okay, if you want to." He disappeared down the hall, only to return a few seconds later carrying several quilts and a pillow. I made myself as comfortable as I could on the floor, as Liam turned the lights out and followed suit. After a few minutes of laying in silence, as I was beginning to drift in and out of sleep, I spoke, "Liam?" He hummed I response, and I accidentally whispered the second part and could only hope he heard, "Thank you."

~~~

Sorry this is real short but I need y'all to see how Spencer feels okay peace ✌🏼