Finding the Truth-2

Hi Readers,

Finally the secrets are revealed. If you like the way story is taking turns please recommend the book to others too. I am getting reads and votes but no comments yet. Please do comment about how you feel about the story. Soon the story will reach its end and I hope to get a few comments before it reaches its end.

Please vote and comment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disha's POV:

"How do you know?" I asked with all the courage I had.

"I know everything that happens inside this palace sweetheart. I wanted to come and meet you and Nikhil myself but I couldn't since it would attract lot of unnecessary attention to you kids." The queen said as she took a sip from the glass of water in her hand.

"What do you mean unnecessary attention? Do you know who is behind what happened to my family in recent weeks?" I asked her.

"Unfortunately I do and I am waiting for him to make his next move so I can punish him my way. Before I tell you who is behind everything that happened with your family I need to tell you the whole story from the beginning." The queen said and took another sip of water.

"Sure please tell me, I want to everything related to my family. That's why we are in Jaipur in the first place and it was our good luck that we met Nisha by chance yesterday." I said leaning back on the chair.

"This story started 24 years ago, when my eldest daughter in law Neeta was pregnant with her and Vikram's first child, she was 7 months pregnant when she found out that Vikram has another family and was planning to kill Neeta during childbirth so he can bring his other family to the palace when Neeta is gone. However things didn't go as he planned and Neeta went into labor when she was shopping with me in Delhi and Vikram was here in Jaipur.

After few hours she gave birth to a beautiful girl but she was crying looking at her, when I asked Neeta she told me about Vikram's plan, she knew it all along but never said anything to me. When she looked at the innocent new-born girl in her arms and made a decision to protect her. So she made a plan and called her childhood best friend who shifted to Delhi few years back. Her name was Rekha." She paused and took a sip of water.

"My Mom Rekha?" I asked her.

"Yes your mom Rekha and you are the innocent new-born Neeta gave birth to. Neeta gave you to Rekha to keep you safe since Neeta and Rekha used to share everything she knew Rekha couldn't be a mother due to medical complications and knew that nobody except Rekha can be trusted to give you the life you deserve and keep you safe.

After giving you to Rekha we bribed the hospital to change the records and pretended that Neeta gave birth to a still baby. On the other hand in an unfortunate event for Vikram his other family died in a car crash. He was devastated for next few years as he lost his other family and lost his child from Neeta too. He started drinking badly and sleeping around with prostitutes due to which he didn't handle business well. That's when I and your grandfather decided to give the share that belonged to Vikram to Neeta and let her take the responsibility of the business. She was a graduate from top business school in country and took the business to new heights in few years. She also helped Vikram stopping his addiction to alcohol and prostitutes. She loved Vikram a lot and I guess around that time I saw something in Vikram's eyes too for Neeta.

After almost 6.5 years you were born, Neeta was pregnant again. This time it seemed they both were happy and Neeta was considering telling Vikram about you once she gives birth to their second child but as God must have seen through what we couldn't, Neeta died during childbirth due to complications. When Neeta was in labor I heard Vikram talking to someone over the phone that he found out a year back that Neeta was behind the car crash of his other family.

I was shocked too but then I couldn't blame Neeta since she did all of that for herself, for you and your future. Since I knew Vikram was burning with the need to avenge his other family, I thought its best if he doesn't know about his second child too because he might be full with vengeance and may kill his own son since he couldn't kill Neeta, so I gave away their son to Rekha too in secret and again tempered with the medical records showing both mother and baby died." The queen paused again and took another sip from her glass.

"And Nick is their son." I said as realization dawned on me.

"Yes You and Nick are blood related but your parents were not your real parents, I wish they were. They were so good to you like you were their own. Protecting you and giving you two a good life was all they did their whole lives and at the end they got killed for doing that. I am so Sorry for your loss child, I tried my best not to let that happen but I guess your parents knew if they stayed alive they might have to bear the pain of losing you both to Vikram so they planned their own accident. It were my men who tried to prevent the accident from happening but they were late and we couldn't save them.

I met them at the hospital before you, your brother and your husband arrived. Rekha told me that Neeta made a will when she was pregnant with Nikhil. She hid the will somewhere in this palace in a box and gave the key to the box to Rekha to keep it safe from Vikram. That's when I realized Neeta knew that Vikram found out about her dirty secret. The day your parents met with the accident they met with Vikram and he accused them of kidnapping his kids and asked them to give him the key and he will not file a legal case for his kids."

"That's why they planned the suicide accident so they don't lose us and they don't have to give him the key since my biological mother didn't want that to happen either. And Mr. Vikram or I should say our biological father is the one who got Nick kidnapped for the key." I said and she nodded. I was burning with anger now.

I was angry at my parents who planned their own accidents and did not share this secret with us. I am an adult I am not entitled for any custody anyways, I could have helped then win the case even though we were not their biological kids. And I was angry that to protect a stupid will they killed themselves. I looked in my purse and took out the key I was about to throw it when the queen or I should say my grandmother stopped me.

"I know you are angry beta but please don't throw it away. You have no idea how big of danger you will call upon if you did that." She said taking the key from my hand.

She got up from the chair and took out a box from one of the drawers from the table behind her chair. She used the key to open the box and read the will.

It was mentioned that all the property that was on our biological mother's name was on my and Nick's name and if something happens to us the property will go to our spouses or his family if any of us are married at the time of death. If we died with no other family around then the property will go to our biological father Mr. Vikram. Also it had a letter with all that happened between her and her husband all those years ago. Apparently she didn't die due to medical complications but Mr. Vikram Singh was giving her some medicine to create complications in pregnancy which can result in death of both mother and the child. She also left the doctor's report about the traces of medicine found in her body and the bottle of the medicine in that box.

"We have everything here in this box which can send Mr. Vikram to jail, why don't we use all this to file a case against it?" I asked my grandmother the queen.

"We need more evidence, more like a confession since he has lot of contacts now and can easily prove that Neeta was not in a good mental state when she died" The queen said.

"Then what should we do?" I asked with a worried expression. Mr. Vikram Singh seemed like a dangerous man and I was now worried for my family which includes Shourya and his parents.

"Don't worry I have a plan" She said.