I'm Done ✔️

Everly's Pov

" Why are The Snakes after us?" I ask as Liam starts dragging me out of the house and towards his car.

" Liam?" I question again as he doesn't answer me. He opens the passenger door in a rush and literally lifts me into the passenger seat. Buckling me up he closes the door and rushed over to the driver's seat.

" Liam you need to talk to me. I need to understand what's going on." I plead as he starts the car and leaves the driveway in the blink of an eye.

Liam looks frustrated as he focuses on the road. It's kind of cute but I need to focus on the situation.

" My uncle found out about you."

My heart skips a beat.

His uncle knows about me? What is that supposed to mean? That I'm more unpopular than I thought or that I'm going to be in huge trouble.

" So?" I ask trying to hide the nervousness in my voice.

Liam switches his gaze towards me for a few seconds and then turns his attention back on the road.

" This might come as a surprise to you but you actually mean something to me and because of that my uncle will try and use you against me. It's his way of playing the game. He'll hurt anything I care about just to see me suffer."

Aww- no. He actually confessed that he cares about me and that he wants to keep me safe. I would've appreciated this moment more if a gang wasn't trying to kill me.

" You're going to be okay. I promise. " Liam places his right hand gently on my knee and for that few seconds it felt like I was melting by the sincerity in his voice.

Cringe. I know.

I smile back at Liam and look out on the road again as I try and not overreact even though there's a bounty on my back. No worries...

I have no idea where we are. All Liam said is that we need to get to one of the safe houses outside of town. I would much rather prefer my comfy bed to be honest. But Liam just had to make a huge argument out of it. I was confused as to why we couldn't go back to his house. He later then explained that there are a lot of construction work going on at his house and it would be too crowded for him. Rich people.

" Are we there yet?"

Liam chuckles.

" You seem too calm for someone who's life is in danger." he replies amused by calm exterior. If only he knew how badly I'm trying not to pass out from the fear inside of me. I'm terrified to put it plain and simple.

" I'm just starving man."

Liam's amausment doesn't fade as he looks at me for a few seconds before focusing his attention back on the road. " You literally ate two sandwiches less than 20 minutes ago."

I place my hand on my chest, making it look like he offended me.

" And that is supposed to keep me full?"