Three

Thank you so much Puppybhai for the classy covers! Will put up that one more cover on the next chapter

Thank you so much Puppybhai for the classy covers! Will put up that one more cover on the next chapter. Can't upload it in this chapter don't know why. 💕

PS: Chapters are dedicated to those who read and comment regularly.

_____________________________

Three
⚛⚛⚛

Completely unresponsive to my giggling, towering at 6'2 feet in front of me, he looked me over with the most passive face in the entire universe, his tongue tucked against his cheek. Just like that, I lost my smile for the hundredth time in his presence.

Dragging his eyes up from my feet to meet mine, he said, "Miss Swann?"

A voice with a unique subtle drawl, laced with a low devilish rasp, calling my name (the last name, to be precise), blew my mind away, and I felt a tug in my chest.

Wow.

He cocked an eyebrow at me as I stood there, wordless and utterly bewitched under the magic of his desirable voice. "3:30, is it?"

I cleared my throat a little. "Sorry. I took the bus. Didn't think it would take me this long. Then, I also walked past your house, which might have cost me at least a minute or..." I stopped when he just stood there, watching me as though I was reciting a poem to him. "Two."

Vaguely pursing his lips, he opened the door wider and beckoned me in, motioning with his head. I stepped inside as he stood waiting at the door. He closed the door behind me, and I followed him into the living room.

"Take a seat," he offered, more like an order, as he headed up the stairs.

I settled down on one of the three black couches in front of the TV and waited whilst surveying the room. Like a reversal of paints, the walls were painted white and the pillars with gray unlike how the walls were dark gray on the outside. It was a pretty spacious room, neatly organized with sparse furniture and decorations. Then, when my eyes caught sight of those tiny bookshelves on both sides of the TV, I instantly fell in love with the whole house.

Moments later, as I stood there skimming over the list of books on the shelves, I heard Mr. PuddinPants (?) return downstairs. I looked up the stairs with a smile ready on my face, assuming that the very Princess would be with him. And there she was in his arms, hugging a white stuffed doll to her side. A cute little blondie, the same platinum blonde as mine.

When she and I met eyes, I chirped, "Hi there!"

Immediately cupping her small hands around his ear, she whispered something to him.

"Mrs. Calloway has moved town. I told you, remember?" He replied, gently pressing his forehead against her head, and for the first time there, I saw his face softened. "I'm sure you and your new friend will make a great team."