22. Arrival of the goods

When I arrived at home, I immediately reported to Daddy my decision regarding on my engagement with Louis. There were no questions or interrogations from Daddy, just a nod and the word "fine".

Inside my bedroom, I was surprised to see some bouquets of flowers, sweets and cards, making me think that it was already Valentines. I checked the cards of the gifts and found out that the senders where the families of Charlotte's entourage.

Words of apologies where written in all cards. Some even invited me for tea so they can give necessary amendments to me.

"Vivian!"

In just a matter of second, Vivian spoke from the other side of my bedroom door. "Yes Miss Maria, how may I serve you?"

"Get inside first." I sat down on a chair and wrote something on a piece of paper. When Vivian got near me, I was already done writing so I handed the piece of paper and the cards to her.

"Send out some cards to the families and write the message on each card."

"Understood, Miss Maria." Vivian bobbed her head and went outside of the room.

I changed my clothes into a set of pajama and went to sleep.

*****

A young girl was crying in the corner.

Why was she crying?

Probably, because the room was so dark and damp, or maybe because of the pain from the wounds on her body. It could also be due to what will come later on as she stays inside the room.

The young girl knew.

She knew that she may not survive for tomorrow.

She knew that the pain she endures may go on for a longer time.

Above all, she knew that nobody can save her.

She was abandoned and betrayed.

******

'Ah crap...'

I stretched out my legs and arms as I awoke from my sleep then I noticed that I reeked of sweat. Without wasting any time, I took a shower and changed into a set of comfortable clothes. Then I ate my breakfast in silence together with Daddy and Mommy.

Looks like Elizabeth was hit hard on our last conversation. According to Vivian, Elizabeth left the house yesterday under the excuse that she will be visiting a friend and planned to have a sleepover at that friend's house.

'What a wuss.'

After having breakfast, I worked on acquiring some money by blackmailing some companies who did some shady transactions.

Yup! Just a regular day for me.

Until I received a text message...

[The goods have arrived. Retrieve on planned location]

I couldn't help but feel thrilled after I read the text. I then dashed to my closet and dressed up in simple attire.

Under my instructions, my chauffeur drove me to a certain mall district and bought some clothes. From there, I took a cab towards a certain place in the downtown area. After almost half an hour, I finally arrived at my destination.

It was an old factory building.

Without further ado, I went inside the building through the back door. Inside the building, a group of men were waiting for my arrival.

"Wow, I never knew that our customer for today would be so cute."

The man who spoke looked like in his early 20's. With his frivolous waxed blonde hair, gold ear piercings, and tiger patterned clothing, he looked like the stereotype gangster. Seated on a couch, he looked at me with a lustful smile on his face.

'Did this dimwit think I will be intimidated?'

I chuckled and spoke in a sweet tone. "Hello, Mr. Craig, does a cute girl like me get a discount?"

He laughed out loud. "50% off if you help me exercise on bed."

"Pity, I'm not that cheap though." I retorted. "Besides, I believe that you prefer something else on bed like what happened on a certain fateful night."

His face darkened and he adjusted his seating posture. Yes, I've dug a deep search on this guy and found a secret that he would never want to tell other people. That was how I got an initial 10% discount on my goods today.

"Better proceed with the transaction, let's not waste any time." He said as he beckoned the boys to bring in the goods.

'My win! Fufufu~' I inwardly celebrated.

There were two black boxes now in front of me. The first box was very large while the second box was just 1/4 the size of the first box.

I could no longer contain my excitement and I hastily opened the second box. Inside of it were my favourite toys.

My new toys were five variations of pistols, three sniper rifles and one shotgun. The package also included quite a lot of reserve bullets.

As for the other...

Craig then stood up and gave me the third box. Out of all three boxes, this was the smallest. It was as small as a box of ring. I looked at him with a questioning look.

He then filled me in of what was inside the third box.

"It's a remote control to trigger either the sleeping serum or poison. Handle it with care or you might end up destroying the good."

With a malicious smile on my face, I replied.

"Of course, I wouldn't want my toy to break easily."

-------------

A/N:

Thank you very much for reading this story! 

What do you think about the current flow of the story?

Feel free to leave a comment and please do vote for the chapter.