Wattpad Original
There are 4 more free parts

1 | Introduction

Chapter One: Introduction
p r e s e n t

"Welcome back, bitch!" Two voices shouted, and I groaned, flipping my middle finger in the air before digging my face further into my pillows.

Before I could fall back asleep, a heavy weight fell on top of me, and I cussed. "Off, fat ass!" I struggled to shout before shoving the two bodies off of me.

When I sat up, I glared at both of my best friends, but when I saw them wearing matching grins, I couldn't help but smile.

They had planned on coming with dad to the airport, but I told them not to because my flight had been so late. I guess it isn't too big of a surprise that they're here to greet me.

I tugged my legs to the side so they were hanging off my bed before standing up and wrapping my arms around them. "How are you guys?" I mumbled, still in there hold.

Neither answered until I stepped back. "Same old," Riya replied, flipping her hair over her shoulder before smiling softly. "I missed you though, Lia."

"Me too," Serena beamed as she pressed her index finger to my cheek. "Definitely miss poking your cheeks, too."

I slapped her hand away while wearing a playful glare. When my face was neutral, I had no problem with my cheeks, but I felt that when I smiled, they look so big.

A response was bubbling up inside me, but was interrupted by my own yawn. At that moment, I checked the time on my phone, and nearly cried when I saw it was nine in the morning.

I landed yesterday—well, actually today—at one, and only went to bed at four, so I was hoping that sleeping in would be an option.

"Okay, Julie. I thinks it's time to brush our teeth," Serena said, fanning her face with a scrunched up nose. "More specifically, yours."

A laugh left me before I stepped forward and breathed directly in her face. I made sure to jump out of the way before her hand stuck out to hit my stomach.

Before she could attack me further, I ran into the bathroom and locked myself in with a laugh.

Only five minutes passed until I stepped back into my bedroom, watching as Riya and Serena played with Cooper on my bed.

"How'd you even get into the house?" I asked, and Riya was first to look up.

"Your dad was on his way out for work and let us in," she explained, and I nodded once in understanding while walking to my dresser to pull out some clothes.

"So, how was Miami?" Riya sang behind me, and I laughed, already knowing where the conversation was leading to.

"The guys were extremely sexy, as always," I teased, wiggling my eyebrows.

She began to fan herself and I laughed as I stepped into my dark grey shorts and white tank top. Serena was rolling her eyes at Riya's exaggerated expression as I began to brush my light brown hair.

Once I was close to brushing out all the knots in my hair, my bedroom door opened, and I turned around, watching as Yasmin walked into my room.

Both Riya and Serena looked at her with excitement as they made her sit on my bed.

I rolled my eyes as their questions began to flow out from them.

"Are you excited for high school?"

"Are your friends going to the same school as you?"

"Are you ready for horny fuck boys?"

For all questions, Yasmin laughed and responded with no.

Letting them be for a moment, I walked back to my bathroom and opened one of the drawers to pull out my hair clip.