Chapter Nineteen - Jungkook

Aster

I was finally starting to feel better.

I didn't feel like I was burning from the inside out, my headache was gone, and I was starving.

I found myself pacing the room as I watched the door anxiously. I needed someone to bring me some food before I gnawed off my own arm.

But no one had come and I was now agitated.

It was quite uncharacteristic of me to get riled up so easily.

I'm blaming it in the hunger.

Thankfully, I wasn't left waiting much longer.

A younger man walked through the door with a tray. It was oversized and covered in various containers.

I felt myself practically drooling.

I hurried towards the glass and I stared at the tray as it moved towards my locked door. My hands were shaky and I almost clobbered the guy as he stepped inside.

A sharp intake of air stopped me in my tracks and I timidly looked up at the man, noticing his spotted ears and tail that was low and slow in it movements.

I almost didn't even find the hybrid appearance strange anymore. I had only been here a few days but I had seen Doctor Park every day and at least one to two other men, all with ears and a tail.

I knew it should be weird to me but it wasn't, and for a split second that bothered me.

"I rememberl your face, but remind me of your name," I whispered, my eyes still staring hungrily at the tray.

"Jeon Jungkook, Major."

He spoke so quietly I wasn't sure what he said at first. But as he gently nudged the tray in his hands towards me, I forgot everything.

I almost cried as I lifted the covers off the plates. A sandwich, some soup, fresh veggies, some fruit, and two cookies for dessert. A bottle of fruit juice, one of tea, and one of soda stood on one corner of the tray. It was almost like someone wasn't sure of what I would want so they just included a little of everything.

If I wasn't being held against my will, I might have almost appreciated the gesture.

The man named Jungkook hovered by the door, almost as if he wasn't sure if he should stay or leave.

I looked at him over my shoulder. He didn't seem too threatening. Not with those big eyes.

"Come, please keep me company. I'm actually feeling better and up to a little conversation."

"I don't know..."

I turned and looked at him, desperate to have him stay. I need to find out everything I could and I also really did want a little company. It helped me think of Xander less.

"Please. Just for a bit."

A soft sigh accompanied the man as he walked over to my table and hesitantly sat down.

"Your name is Jungkook?"

"Yes."

"And your hybrid is a...cheetah?"

His eyes lit up when I asked that. He must be really proud of it.

"Yes."

"So, do you run?"

I asked an honest question and I don't know why he laughed. Perhaps it was the irony of it. He had a nice laugh.

"Only when necessary."