Three

WAREHOUSE #4
6953 WASHINGTON AVENUE,
EDEN PRAIRIE, MINNESOTA
9:34 PM

Upon entry I find it hard to believe that my heart has already dropped from my chest and landed in the deepest pit that my stomach has to offer

Upon entry I find it hard to believe that my heart has already dropped from my chest and landed in the deepest pit that my stomach has to offer. The buildings smells like air. Neither fresh air nor air with a stench, simply air and only air. I gawk at the surrounding metal pillars, microphones, speakers, and recording equipment. It has to be one of the most creative sceneries I have ever witnessed. The mundane look is clearly not what makes this place special but, the electric energy charges you to live, think, and breathe in a recharged version of yourself. Needless to say, I am truly impressed.

"Wow," I whisper.

To think, he went from this to Paisley Park in a few short years. Oddly enough, something tells me that I would never enjoy Paisley Park as much as I am enjoying this warehouse. I can feel my insides being electrocuted with every step that I take in the place. Karen, Prince's assistant, becomes very much so acquainted with Alexa, just as assistants usually do in all of the HBO series I've watched or maybe even in the way that the interns of Grey's Anatomy have made pacts. She takes us over to a space with a couple of seats off to the side. The girls begin to converse among themselves as I jot down notes of my surroundings.

The entire band is here plus more. I see Prince. He stands before everyone in the entire band at the lead microphone. Honestly, I always imagined being starstruck. I read about all of these people who knew him or the fan stories of meeting him. An awakening, it is always described as awakening of some such. The moment to come to face him and witness the energy in the flesh, you are forever changed. Quite frankly, as I watch him in his multicolored jumpsuit and powder blue boots, I don't feel any different. He roams around a bit as I continue taking note of every sight. The way his golden crucifix chain swings around as he slides onto the piano stool to fiddle around with four part harmonies with the help of Wendy's twin sister, Susannah, is a clear memory that I take note of. It is not until I put down my pen that I realize all of these extra people are The Family. That, and Karen is long gone.

I click my pen shut and return to reality. Just as I settle back into my body, a clicking of heels grows louder as an aroma of lavender becomes stronger. I bite the bullet and look up at him with all of my fears, nerves, and pieces of pride stashed away. Clutching my book in my hand, I quickly stand before him as I come to realize that he somehow is taller than I am. Must be the boots.

"Hi," he says soft enough for me to have the hardest of times when it comes to distinguishing his tone from a whisper. He quickly glances at Alexa with inviting eyes as she waves before his orbs flicker back to keep contact with my own. He offers me his hand, I take it though soon his own fingers a way to wrap themselves around my own in an oddly comforting manner. He feels warm and...

Fuzzy?

I smile as this becomes one of the many highlights of my alternate life. He is, by far, the most beautiful specimen I have ever seen in my entire life— both lives!