Amendments

Zelda gradually made her way back to Hateno Village. The walk was full of terror and regret. She willed for Link to be alright, for she couldn't lose him again. Losing him once was hard enough, but losing him for the second time, and possibly forever, was too much for Zelda to bear.

When Zelda arrived at Hateno Village, she was greeted by the man who brought Link back.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what state he's in," the man said after seeing Zelda's face," The doctors looked pretty worried after they saw him... But I'm sure he'll be alright, he looks like a big strong lad."

"Thank you," Zelda said shakily," I'm sorry, I never got your name."

"Horatio," he replied,"And you are?"

"Zelda."

The two were standing outside the Hateno Hospital, awaiting news about Link. Zelda paced up and down, praying with all her might got Link to be ok.

Finally, a doctor came out of the hospital, and Zelda begged him for information on Link immediately.

"Is he ok?" She demanded.

The doctor's head was bowed down.

"I'm sorry..." the doctor said solemnly, "He was too fatally wounded..."

Zelda pushed past the doctor and ran into the hospital. She burst into the room to see Link's body laying on the hospital bed, at peace. Her hands began to shake and her eyes were flooded with tears. Zelda walked over to the bed a rested a hand on Link's hand.

"I'm so sorry." She whispered," I'm so sorry for being such a jerk. I was wrong, I do care about you and you're an amazing person, too great for this world. Link, I lo-"

Link sneezed, making Zelda jump up. He opened his eyes and a smile spread across his face, after he saw the shocked look plastered on Zelda's face.

"Link, what!" Zelda exclaimed

"Thank you doctor, your acting was phenomenal." Link exclaimed, then he turned to Zelda," I knew you cared."

Zelda cried into his arms.

"Idiot!" She cried," Idiot! Never die again!"

Link gave her a hug with his muscular arms.

"I'll try not to, but you're going to need to stop walking out on me." He replied.

She laughed, and so did Link.

"I'm so sorry." She said," I've been such an idiot. You should've just let me die."

"I can't do that," he said, holding up her chin,"I'm your knight, I must protect you through and through."

The doctor walked back in.

"Link, you may still be alive, but that doesn't mean you must get back to fighting immediately. You must rest, the wound was pretty fatal." Warned the doctor, " And you lost a lot of blood."

Link lifted up hid shirt to look at the dressing.

"That's going to leave a beautiful scar." He joked.

Zelda placed a hand on his chest. She felt his heart beat increase, and thought it was because of the pain.

The feeling if her hand on his chest made Link's heart beat quicken. Zelda's hands were soft, like silk. He took hold of her hand and caressed it, which made Zelda smile.

"Visiting time is over." Called the doctor, "You can come back later, though."

Zelda patted Link on the shoulder, and got up to leave. Before she could go, Link grabbed her hand.