74

"Uh, I don't know about going now, Veronica

"Uh, I don't know about going now, Veronica." Peter says.

Peter was standing by his bed, currently deciding whether or not to continue packing for the couple getaway at the Lodge cabin. Veronica was sitting on his bed, her arms crossed on her chest looking at the lanky boy.

"Why not, Peter?" Veronica asks, "You seemed so excited about it earlier?"

Peter rubbed his hand behind the back of his neck, "I don't think it's such a good idea anymore."

Veronica frowns, "Is it your dad?"

He shakes his head, "No- No, nothing like that."

Veronica scoots on the bed, making room for the brunette teen. Peter sat down on his bed next to her. He felt her eyes on him, making him sigh and shake his head.

"Cheryl told me something about Betty and Archie," Peter says, "And now I don't know."

Veronica still has a frown on her face, "Don't know what?"

Peter didn't respond, instead just had the frown on his face. Veronica, having enough of this dramatic scene, gets up and begins to toss some of Peter's clothes into his bag. This caused the teenager to stand up and practically yell at Veronica.

"Hey-! What are you doing?" Peter asks.

Veronica looks at him, "You're coming and dealing whatever this Peter Lockhart issue is."

"Veronica," Peter pleads.

Veronica turns to him and smirks, "Nope, you're coming and nothing is changing that."

Peter looks at her, "Veronica,"

Veronica shakes her head, "Hush," She then winks at him, "Now help me pack. There is no way I'm touching your underwear."

~RIVERDALE~

The teens arrived to the cabin, though Betty noticed how oddly quiet Peter had been on the drive up. She wasn't sure what was up, but she was a bit concerned.

However, for Veronica and Archie, everything seemed to be perfect. Veronica had been bubbly the entire car ride up. And the second she saw the cabin, a bigger smile appeared on the young women's face.

Andre opened the door, allowing the teens an exit point the second the car had parked.

"When I was younger, we'd come here every summer, whenever my dad could sneak away for a weekend." Veronica says.

Andre pops open the trunk and begins to help the teens with their luggage. Peter grabbed his bag and then handed Betty her bag, but didn't say anything -- only nodded at her.

"TTFN, Andre!" Veronica says, "We'll see you Sunday night,"

Just then Veronica grabs Betty's arm, who had been looking at her boyfriend in a bit of worry, and began to drag her near the cabin.