Elie and Merlin's past

All the knights had made it back to Camelot and were sitting around the table in Arthur's room waiting for Merlin to come in.

"I must say they look nothing alike," Leon commented.

"Yeah, she was hella hot and well Merlin is Merlin..." Gwaine snorted. Merlin walked in as he said that and Gwaine felt a cup hit his head.

"Don't even think about it Gwaine..." Merlin growled as he sat across from Arthur.

"Why is she spoken for?" Percival pipped in.

"I wouldn't know, I haven't seen her in ten years..." Merlin trailed.

"Why so long?" Arthur finally spoke. Merlin looked up at the group and started to tell the story of him and his sister.

"Elie and I have the same Mother for starters. I don't know my father but I think Elie may know her's. She never talked about it.

We were close when we were younger. She always would come up with crazy plans and get us into trouble. My mother never really treated her nice. It hurt growing up and seeing our mother ignore her..."

Merlin paused as if lost in thought for a moment.

"Your own mother ignored her? Thats awful..." Leon said.

"Yes, it was. Elie was around eight when she left. I was five at the time... my mother was done keeping Elie around and a man showed up one day and took her away. I found out later on that the man had some thing to do with her father. But my mother, she refused to allow me to try and see her. Elie and I ran into each other a year before I came to camelot...
I had gotten into some trouble with a group of bandits. Elie just so happened to be taking a bounty for those bandits at the time."

"She didn't stay around after she saved me. Her right hand, Leo, said something about her father and her being late. I wasn't to sure but it seemed important. She left me with this," Merlin says pulling a pendent out from under his shirt," If I was ever in trouble and need help, she told me to smash it on the ground and she would come..."
All the knights grew silent. Merlin was hiding something from them about Eli and they knew it.
"So what's the part your not telling us?" Asked Arthur. Merlin glances up at the group and sighed.
"I...I can't tell you if Eli wants to, if we ever meet her again, she can speak of it..." he trailed.
Gwaine shifted uncomfortably. Percival looked deep in thought.
"That group. They didn't act like mercenary's. Even how they dressed it was strange..." Percival muttered.
"Yeah what's that about Merlin?" Elian asked.
"I don't know like I said ten years have gone by since I last saw her. Except for the one time before I came to Camelot." The group fell silent. Arthur thought about how beautiful she was. Something about her. They way she had reacted when their eyes met. It bothered him.
——————————————
Two weeks later
All the knights and Merlin where gathered by the round table discussing a recent attack on an outlying village, when a guard came into the room.
"Sir, a group of riders have been spotted coming toward Camelot. We can't identify the symbol they are wearing but they sent a messenger ahead with this." The guard handed Arthur a neatly wrapped parchment with a black ribbon.
Merlin,
It seems I will be arriving in Camelot sooner than planned. My father has made arrangements for this meeting to take place without the knowledge of the people as to not frighten them. Please inform King Arthur of my prompt arrival. It's if the utmost urgency.
-E.L.
"Who's E.L?" Asked Arthur. Merlin read the letter again and realized something.
"It's Eli but I have no idea what she's talking about..." Merlin burrowed his forehead in confusion. Something wasn't right. Something urgent?

The knights all waited for a few more minutes and continued on with there discussion about the village when a guard came in to announce the group had arrived. Before anyone could get up to go great them a hooded man and a hooded women walked in.
"Eli?" Merlin whispered. They both dropped their hoods to reveal Eli and Leo.

^what Eli is wearing"It's been a long time Merlin

"It's been a long time Merlin. I'm here to request help and explain," Eli said. Leo took a protective stance next to her.
"What's going on?" Merlin asked.
"Ah hem," Arthur cleared his through and Eli made eye contact with him. Everyone was on edge eyes the mysterious Black Rose symbol on their cloaks.
"My apologies King Arthur. It would seem I need to explain everything," Eli spook with an air of impotence that made the rest of the Knights shiver.
"Please do. I don't enjoy being disrespected in my court." Arthur growled.
"Than let's start from the beginning.." Eli said. Everyone sat around the table as she began to tell her tail.

"I was born on a night when even the stars didn't shine. Our mother Hunith was disgusted with me. She hated me with every fiber of her being. I can't say I blame her. I was after all the daughter of a man who challenges death himself.
When Merlin was born, I was two years old. I knew she had no place for me anymore. After all Merlin was the child she had with the man she truly loved.
Five years went by and Merlin, was a handful always going along with my crazy ideas and getting into trouble. But one afternoon a man showed up at the door. That's when everything changed..."