Fiction I

The answer for I was  "You will hang me"

The answer for II: You had to look at the numbers upside-down, which would spell "Bill is boss, he sells oil."

I want to play Jane

"Jane, can you please put the doll down and say goodbye to grandma and grandpa?" Jane's mother asked. The mother stood at the front door together with her parents, waiting impatiently for her daughter to come.

"No mommy." Came the short reply from the ten-year-old, who didn't even bother to look up. Her long hair matched with her doll, because Jane always wished to be like her. To be like Emily.

Jane's mother shook her head. "If you don't come to the door, I have to cut off those beautiful locks of yours." Normally this would have grabbed Jane's attention, however, she didn't seem threatened this time. Jane calmly brushed Emily's hair without a care in the world.

"Leave her be Tatiana. She is enjoying herself and we don't mind." Grandma said, but that wasn't the problem Jane's mother, Tatiana, was dealing with.

Grandma and grandpa left shortly after and Tatiana knew she had to enforce her threat. She walked to the kitchen and grabbed a pair of scissors. Jane hasn't changed her position the entire time and kept on brushing the hair of the doll.

"Just sit still honey, I don't want to hurt you," Tatiana spoke with a sweet sickening voice. The blades of the scissors touched Jane's astonishing hair and it fell to the floor with a loud snap. Again and again, until Jane's hair was short and uneven.

Jane stared at her doll with silent tears running down her cheeks. She could only imagine the nightmare which was called her hair. "If I can't be just like you then you will have to look just like me." She muttered under her breath.

Later that night, Jane stepped out of her bed and quietly crept downstairs together with her doll Emily. The stairs creaking beneath her lightweight made her stiffen. If her mother found out what she was planning, she would be bald already.

Jane touched the cold floor with her toe followed by the rest of her foot. She repeated the process until she reached the empty kitchen. Her hand glided over the smooth texture of the counter.

The earlier used scissors laid next to the sink. She climbed on the counter. Jane didn't hesitate and grabbed it with her small hands.

She held Emily in front of her. Jane's hand trembled as she cut through the hair of the doll in similar ways like her mom. But Jane didn't end it there.

She stabbed Emily again and again. In her doe brown eye, in the pale porcelain belly, in the side of the head and between her shoulder blades.

Jane smiled to herself, proudly admiring her work. "Now I'm not the ugliest person in the world, but you are." She held the left arm of the doll before breaking it. A disgusting loud crack echoed through the silent house, but Jane didn't care anymore.

She dropped the arm and sat Emily down on the floor. "I don't want to look like you. You are ugly." She said to the doll in front of her. Emily stared back at Jane with her beady eyes.

The sounds from downstairs woke up her mother and father. Tatiana decided that she would look for who or whatever made the noise while the father rolled to the other side and fell back asleep.

Tatiana checked in Jane's room only to find it empty. There was no need for her to be scared for anything since there was a big chance that it's just her daughter down there.