pink polka dots (edited)

hey, everyone, unless i become magical in the next few days, this is most likely the first update of 2021! which you know yay, let's claim this year before we get another global pandemic or something :)

update from 2021 rylee, no i did not become magical and write a whole chapter in the last two days of 2020. biden's president now though, so yay!

hey everyone, sometime between the last chapter and this one, the golden quartet hit a 100k reads. and that is insane and wonderful, and so freaking crazy, and i'm ever thankful for everyone who has ever given this story love or support. you all are amazing, and i love you for dealing with my weird update schedule, and random breaks from wattpad, and i'm so grateful you guys decided to stick with this story and me. thank you, thank you, thank you, i really have no words.

again, i know it's insane, but i'm not both jk rowling and rick riordan at the same time. sorry to disappoint. i'll do better next time.

HARRY

Harry falls into a natural routine, attending classes, quidditch practice, essays, you know, the works. He finds that Percy, who he had been suspicious of earlier, is not scary at all. More like a very fluffy teddy bear. Ron remains somewhat suspicious, but even he has to admit Percy is no more threatening than a first year.

Harry doesn't deny the fact that something feels off about Percy but is content to leave it behind. He figures that everyone is privy to their own secrets.

Putting these thoughts behind him, he instead decides to make his way down the stairs, as quietly as possible. It honestly doesn't work, but Harry figures that in instances like this, it is simply the thought that counts. One might say he held this opinion only because he failed to achieve his actual goal, and they'd be right, but Harry would never admit to that.

Harry's glad today's Friday and that his last detention will be over with. He does feel rather disappointed to be missing Quidditch tryouts, however, but he supposes he'll have to cheer Ron on from the confines of Umbridge's office. The thought would most likely not comfort Angelina Johnson, Captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch Team, but it all honestly it didn't do much to comfort Harry either. His fingers move to touch the back of his right hand, the skin still raw and red, and the words: I must not tell lies, beginning to scar.

Harry takes out an essay for Potions on the various uses and properties of bubotuber pus, hoping to squeeze in an extra five inches before and the majority of his classmates were up. Levitating his favorite armchair next to the closest table, Harry takes out a quill and begins to write, laying out a textbook next to him.

PERCY

Percy walks down the stairs, and if it's necessary to be specific, the ones that lead to the boys' dorms in the Gryffindor Tower. Now while Percy detested the idea that he was a "boy" in any way, shape, or form, he ignores those thoughts, figuring semantics aren't really a conversation of importance at the moment. No, he figures that he'd best use the twenty minutes before breakfast to plot how to overthrow the wizarding government. Usual stuff, if he's being honest, Percy overthrows governments after lunch every Tuesday. Oddly enough, Percy read a total of ten books this past week, none of them assigned school work. Maybe Athena would be proud? No, that's severely unlikely. But no, Percy's sudden desire to become Annabeth, was so he could learn as much about the Wizarding World as possible. And now that he has a general idea, it has come time to do some overthrow-ing. Seating himself at a chair by the fireplace, he notices Harry writing on some parchment on the other side of the Common Room. Offering a friendly wave for the sake of pleasantries, he turns towards his blank piece of paper, taking Anaklusmos out from his pocket.