Thirty-Six

Nick's POV

I watched as she ran around the kitchen frantically, trying every single batch of everything the cooks made. Every time she would grab a new spoon, which seemed to be scattered everywhere. She probably used at least a hundred spoons by now. I knew every single plate would be perfect though. She created the recipes, she trained the staff, and on top of all that, she was tasting every single sauce, salad, and pasta that went out.

I honestly could stand here for hours just watching her, but right now I had a surprise for her, and I also wanted her closer to me. The gun wound had me worried at first since I thought she would be limping around or would get tired easily, but as soon as she stepped inside her energy never fell whether that be from that she was actually fine or the adrenaline masking the pain.

She finally decided to take a break and started making her was over to where I was. My eyes traveled up from her gorgeous curves to her breathtaking smile and beautiful eyes. Her wavy hair bounced around her figure as she took out the pin that previously held her hair up in a bun. Fuck, I might need to bring her home now if she keeps this up. I took a deep breath to try to calm my raging hormones which seemed to turn me into a sex deprived teenager every time she was close.

"Everything is going so well!" She exclaimed, leaning against my chest and wrapping her arms around my waist.

"Of course it is. You're running the show." I wrapped an arm around the small of her back.

"I think I can leave now since we'll be closing for that surprise you were talking about earlier," she mentioned.

"Are you leaving early just because you want to know what the surprise is so badly?"

"Maybe." Then she stood up on her tippy toes and kissed my neck softly, which instantly sent a shiver down my spine. "Or I just want to get you alone," she teased.

"Trying to seduce me, amore?"

"Maybe I am, mon chéri."

God, it was hot when she used French terms of endearment. We started use them as a joke because the other didn't know exactly what they meant, but as we kept using them, they stuck, and I was very grateful for that. It was another thing that made our relationship special.

"Well, let's get out of there then."

~*~
Amelia's POV

"Why am I packing my bags instead of doing you on this bed?" I asked him.

"If you don't want to come, then I'll just fly by myself," he shrugged.

"We're flying somewhere?!" I asked in shock.

"Yes, and don't you dare start worrying about the restaurant because the staff knows what they're doing and I asked lily to watch everything for you. She's very happy to get to eat everything on the menu you created with all the pregnancy hormones."

I almost laughed at the image of her sitting in my office munching lots and lots of food, but instead held my hands up. "Okay, okay. I won't complain anymore. Who knows? Maybe this surprise will be good."

"You know it will."

So, I packed all my bags and we drove to the airport to board his private jet. He was very careful to inform every single person to keep the destination hidden, so I wouldn't know where we were going until we landed. Luckily, I downloaded a ton of movies to watch to keep me up since knowing him, we'd get there at night so we could sleep in the hotel.

Funny thing is...

I was so tired from the excruciatingly long flight to what I assume was somewhere in Europe that I didn't pay attention to where I was. I was basically asleep for the end of the flight and taxi ride, so I didn't notice my surroundings. As soon as we got to where we were staying, Nick picked me up and brought me to bed. I instantly fell asleep.