CHAPTER 2

"What?... Mom, please tell me this is a joke. Dad, it has only been few weeks since my wife your daughter-in-law died, and you want me to get remarried to her sister?!” Markian exclaimed.

He still wasn't clear about this sickening news that his parents had just casually announced to him.

It was like his parents don't care about anything else if it isn't about Castlehill, not his happiness, not even his peace of mind.

What surprised him the most was how on earth they thought that he would go along with them this time in making a mockery out of his relationship with his late wife Sophia.

“It really wasn’t our idea, but it’s not a bad one either. Listen, if Judy walks away with her shares then Castlehill Group will surely be ruined. This was her idea, we have no idea why she would what something like this but, it benefits us more son". Barbara spoke softly in an attempt to calm him down, but was cautious enough to keep her distance.

"Well, she has given us 2days, and your mother and I intend on giving her a positive reply so be prepared,” Matthew explained.

“I don’t care whose idea it was or who suggested it, I don’t even care about what may or may not happen to Castlehill. All I know is that there is no way I’m going to get married to my late wife’s sister because of some stupid contract, never!” Markian stated.

This was beyond his comprehension, marriage between Olivia and himself? Why would anyone ever think of such an inhumane thing?

First of all, he doesn’t even like Olivia, neither had he ever thought of her in such a way that would make anyone misunderstand their relationship, he was sure of that. If for anything he always disliked her and was never able to understand why she hated the idea of him marrying Sophia in the first place.

So why was she agreeing to this madness all of a sudden, was she a part of this plan?
No, it couldn’t be. He is sure that this isn’t what Olivia wants either. No one in their right senses would ever agree to get married to their late twin sister’s husband just few weeks after her passing. No one can be that selfish or heartless to do something as disgusting as that.

“Son, your father put his life and sweat into making Castlehill a conglomerate after his father passed away. Even when the business was about to fall, he brought down his pride and begged for help. We finally got to save the company, but it also meant we would have to lose a huge chunk of the company still. We got you married to a Luthel's daughter so we could get a little bit of Castlehill back from them, and surprisingly, you fell in love with her. Both your sacrifice and ours will all go to waste if after everything including her death, we still lose Castlehill. Just think about it son.” Barbra sympathetically stated.

After that, both Mr and Mrs Winfrey left their son’s room, leaving him in a dilemma.

The President of Castlehill, Markian Winfrey had lots of attributes. He was a very handsome, daring, bold, strict, resilient and brave young man, but when pushed to the wall, he can become very rugged. He is also very egocentric and proud; he was never attentive to anyone apart from himself until he met Sophia. She became the light that shined in his gloomy world and, man did he love that light. He was ready to do anything for her just to see her smile and happy.

At first it was an arranged marriage and he had no intention of starting anything real with her, until he met her for the first time and they went on their first date. He discovered that she was more than just a pretty face and a gorgeous body, she also had dreams and they both had a lot in common. She had a weird way of making him smile just by smiling, and so he fell in love with her from that day onwards until her last.