Chapter 16

Chapter Sixteen - Eagle Eye

Ivan Romanov's P.O.V.

One week later

I thank the maid who hands me the tray piled with breakfast before shutting the door and walking towards my bed. Amelia has been cooped up our room ever since she fainted but neither of us are complaining.

Setting the tray onto the bedside table, I lean over my mate's petite frame covered by the duvet. Soft chuckles escape me when I notice the pillow she's cuddling with while thinking that it's me. I sweep her long brown hair away from her face before peppering light kisses to every inch of skin I can reach. She mewls softly in her sleep while turning to face me as her hands find my shirt.

"Five more minutes, please!" She whines sleepily as she hugs me to her.

"Wake up now or our breakfast is going to get cold." I laugh before nestling my nose into the crook of her neck and inhaling her sweet scent.

She cracks an eye open to squint up at me and huffs adorably as I pull her up. "It better be delicious to have me waking up at such an illegal hour."

"It's eleven." I deadpan before swatting her perky ass as I push her into the bathroom.

"Ivan!" She growls as she rubs her bottom with a cute pout.

I grin cheekily at her expression because she looks about as harmless as a kitten. Leaning against the door frame, I watch as she brushes her teeth and washes her face. She pulls her hair up into a messy bun which I love and my gaze follows the numerous baby hairs that break free and curl around her face. Her eyes meet mine as she returns the towel to its place, icy blues wide awake and alert. I bite my lip when the collar of my shirt slips off her shoulder making me want to press teasing kisses to her soft skin. Because she's much smaller than me my clothes drown her completely and right now it looks as if she's not wearing my boxers underneath. Fuck, I swear mentally. I need to calm myself down before I end up taking her.

"What's for breakfast?" She wraps an arm around my waist and hums as she presses herself closer to me.

"All your favorites, my love." I murmur as I kiss her temple.

I'm still treating her as if she's fragile but I can't help myself. Her body finally adjusted to my mark over the weekend but it took a toll on her. It's only Monday so I don't want to push her too hard. Seeing her in pain and crying hurt me more than I could say. I never thought it would have such an extreme effect.

Placing the tray on the bed, I take a seat and pull her onto my lap so that she's sitting sideways. Her eyes light up at the sight of chocolate chip pancakes which makes me chuckle as I take a fork and cut a piece. As I hold it up to her lips my beasts purr in satisfaction when she happily starts to eat.

But after a few pieces she makes a noise of displeasure before taking the fork from me. Cutting a piece, she holds the fork up to my lips expectantly. Smiling softly, I open my mouth and allow her to feed me. In our world feeding your mate is precious and intimate. I doubt Amelia knows how much it means to me but it makes me happy nonetheless.

"How do you feel now?" I ask as I take the orange juice from her.

"I told you I'm fine." She rolls her pretty blues playfully but her tone is soft as she understands that I'm worried. "Can I leave the room today and do something? I'm bored of just resting. Maybe I can train?!"