7. Secrets - The Proposal

"Where's the washroom?" Fiona inquires. Everyone was taking a break from spin the bottle. Too many questions, about what Malcolm admitted. Quincy points Fiona to the bathroom.  

Fiona walks in the bathroom and shuts the door. She looks through the mirror and takes a deep breath. She shuffles through her bag and takes out mascara. Her bag falls to the floor as she adds mascara, she leans closer to the mirror. "Ouch!" she cries. Accidentally, she pokes her eye, and smudges mascara everywhere. Murmuring under her breath a bunch of curse words. Looking for baby wipes, to clean the mascara smudge.  

"Come on Quincy. You should have wipes," Fiona sighs. Not one baby wipe in sight. She decides to open the cupboard, out came bundles of magazines and catalogs. Definitely not baby wipes. These weren't just any magazine or catalogs though. They're wedding magazines and catalogs. Fiona stared in shock.  

Quincy and Alosa were chatting when Fiona walked out of the bathroom holding multiple catalogs. When Quincy saw what was in Fiona's hands, she gasped and began to hyperventilate. Fiona looked Quincy in the eyes. "Do explain please."  

Lopez and Malcolm walk out another room and catch Fiona holding the wedding catalogs. Everyone was now staring at Quincy and Lopez.

Everyone sat in a circle while Quincy and Lopez explained. "Quincy and I are engaged," Lopez announces. Fiona rolls her eyes and smacks her hips.  

"Yeah. I'm pretty sure we figured that out," she lifted up the catalogs once more. "Where're your rings?"  

Quincy walked in another room and grabbed the rings, then came back and slipped one on her finger, Lopez did the same. "We wanted to tell you guys after the two weeks," Quincy sighs. What they were feeling was betrayed, and lied to. Their two friends keeping something this big from them. Purposely,  

"How long?" Prius demands. Quincy and Lopez exchange glances, then look down.  

"Three months." Fiona's face turned extremely red. Disappointment is what they felt. "You hid this from us. For so long," Prius muttered.  

"We wanted it to be surprising!"  

"It sure is!" Masslie shouts. Quincy couldn't help but release a few tears. Why was everyone so angry? Lopez held Quincy's hand, they turn their heads to Alosa, what would she think? Did they ruin her birthday? She didn't look happy, but she didn't look sad.  

After a couple minutes Alosa showed a smile. "Congratulations!" she weeped. "My two best friends finally getting married. After four years of dating!" Relieved that Alosa was happy, and not furious, Quincy gave her a hug. Alosa gave a look to everyone else. Why were they so mad? They all took huge breaths, then held back their anger.  

"Fine. I am happy that you two are engaged," Fiona forced a grin. Prius tried too. Masslie didn't know what to do, and Malcolm was just all around excited.  

"Okay. Do tell how it happened!" Alosa commands.

"It was three months ago on a Saturday," Quincy starts to tell the story. "Our anniversary. In the morning I cooked, I cleaned and I even got Lopez a new phone." 

Three months earlier.  

Quincy tiptoed into the bedroom with a tray with breakfast on it. What the man should be doing. She wakes Lopez up with a kiss. "Good morning, sweetie." 

"Breakfast in bed?" Lopez rubbed his eyes. "What's the big occasion?" Quincy's jaw dropped. Her eyes start to water up but she holds back the tears. 

"You forgot?" she mumbled. Four years and Lopez still can't keep a date.  

"Forgot what?" he questions. Quincy shakes her head then smiles. She hands Lopez the tray and gets up from the bed.