Chapter 2

My stomach growled, making me regret letting my toast vanish, right as I sat down in my seat as the bell rang. I was sitting right behind Light Yagami *cough* Imagay *cough*. He looked as bored and pure as he did in the first episode of the anime. I had to find the Death Note before him. As soon as school ended, I'd race out of there to find on the grass. Just as it was in the anime. Determination filled me when reading the letter, but so had dread. The fear of facing Light, taking it from him, seemed impossible. His maniac laugh in the last episode haunted through my skull.

But, I had an advantage. I'd seen everything, the future of this world. Everything would be fine. The class droned on, but I paid little attention to it. Instead, focusing on Light as he stared out the window with a calm expression. Of course he was seated by the window near the back. He was a main character after all. I was surprised that he wasn't in my seat since I was in the very back. Guess I really am the main character in this story.

The bell rang once more. Yes, even though the school is longer than only two paragraphs, I'm not talking about that because school is for losers. Plus anime characters are just natural smart, they don't need actual schooling. Light slung his bag over his shoulder getting ready to head out with a neutral expression across his features. I shot out of my seat, my skirt fluttering around my thicc thighs. You're welcome fanservice.

"Light!" I stopped him in his place, standing as a wall in front of him.

His eyes narrowed before going back to their blankness, "Hello? Is there something you needed?"

I nodded shyly, "Um yes actually," My cheeks tinged pink as I looked down at my intertwined, "C-could you meet me at the rooftop?"

I didn't look up, but there was a pause. After a moment my eyes met his. He looked surprised, but I knew annoyance hung behind it, "Sure," A smile easily made its way to him.

I smiled back, a truly triumphant one, "Thank you! I'll meet you there! I just need to uh grab a few things," I turned redder, fidgeting more. I left him, running out of the classroom. I continued sprinting on, making my way outside The anime hadn't made it quite obvious where exactly the death note was, but I knew it'd be somewhere out here. I checked around the bushes and grass trying to reach into the back of my memory where the death note could be.

The corner of my eye I saw it. It was there! Anticipation sprinkled along my arm as I reached out for it. I grasped hold of the notebook feeling... nothing? You would have expected your hair and eyes to turn red in your mind as epic music played in the music. Huh, weird. I hugged it to me close beginning my walk home.

It wasn't noticeable right away, but light footsteps followed behind me. My steps faltered slightly before continuing on. I stayed straight ahead, clutching the notebook tighter to my chest than before. I waited, letting it drag on. I took a deep breath after a few moments went by getting ready to do a dramatic confrontation. Excitement spiked up my spine at the thought of my hair whirling around my face as my brows furrowed at the stranger. I wish I was able to hear the anime music in the background. Think it would have helped me bring out my lines phenomenally. Spinning around, I was made face to face with Light Yagami *cough* Imagay *cough* (there's no rule against me thinking it, let me live.)

"Light?" I questioned. Dang it! I forgot about my confrontation!

"Sorry, this is my route home," His voice and smile was sickenly sweet.

I nodded along, "Same here,"

"Let's walk together," Light said leaving no room for me to say no to.

"Sounds good!" I wanted to scream. I was so close to home. I could have written down Light's name as soon as I was home. No, everything was still going in my favor. Light had no idea what it was I was holding. It looked like I was simply holding a regular notebook to myself.

There was silence except for our steps walking in unison. He stared down at my hands making me stiffen, "Nice notebook."

"Thanks," I was glad I had the title of it covered by my chest.

We continued walking until I was pushed over. I fell to the pavement, the notebook flying out of my hands and in front of the both of us. Light was on the floor as well, his eyes trained on the fallen object and a small smirk on across his lips. He was quick to slip it into an apologetic smile, "Sorry about that."

I ignored his comment, my hand reaching out for the notebook, but he was faster. His slender hand grabbing it as he stood up. Light looked down at it reading the cover, "Interesting title. Death Note, huh?"

Fuck, fuck, fuck, FUCK, "Haha, yeah. Pretty weird I guess. My friend thought it was a funny prank to pull on me," I stood up, dusting my short skirt. I bunched it up, trying to keep my hands from shaking.

He opened it and my hand flew at him out of reflex, "Wait-" I gasped out.

The rules were clearly opened to him. I held no hope that he didn't understand English, I already knew he did. Should I let him continue? Was it too risky? Should I pretend I didn't care? I had said this was a prank after all. Why would I care if he looked at it if it was fake?

"Your friend put a lot of effort for this one prank," He mumbled, eyes still trained on the English words.

"Yeah, she's like that. Once she gets started on something she's committed."

"Does she go to our school?" He asked, pretending as if the question didn't hold weight to it.

Easy out, "No, she doesn't."

"Wonder how you got a hold of this notebook only right after school then." His words slipped out of his mouth easily, all too well prepared.

"H-how would you know?" I cursed myself for letting my voice wobble.

Light finally looked up from the notebook, his cold eyes staring straight at my own, "I followed you right after you said you'd meet me on the rooftop. Found it odd that you we're going the opposite direction of where it was."

I no longer pretended to be nice, "Why would you bother to follow me? Sounds a bit creepy to me." Part of my new anime self wanted to call him a pervert.

"It was simple curiosity," The notebook still stayed lightly in his hands, "Sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable. It wasn't my intention."

Light Yagami was smart. I had already known that before entering this world. Probably was the only one in this universe now who truly knew just how intellectual he was. Still, I had fallen in his trap. No less when he hadn't even written in the notebook yet.

There was only one way out of this, "No, you're right. It's fine, sorry for flaking out on our plans."

"No worries, about this notebook. I was intere-"

I snatched it away from his hands, running away from his form as soon as the Death Note was in my arms once again. Then, I began to Naruto Run. If he decided on running after me, the only way to run faster than him was to Naruto Run. That's the one thing Light doesn't know about. That and that the Death Note is real. At least... I hope. 

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Sep 21, 2019 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Light x OC (Some L x OC) ENTERING DEATH NOTE UNIVERSEजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें