Beach Horror Story

(529 words)

Our old town in Florida was right by a bunch of different beaches. My sisters and I would frequently go to the beach during the sunset hours because less people were there and the views were always beautiful. Sometimes we play volleyball, sometimes we'd go in the water, and sometimes we just lay in the sand. My youngest sister Ksenia was 13 years old and wanted to go to the water one night. The sun was setting and it was getting dark out so as the older brother and basically the supervisor I told her to be back in ten minutes. She ran into the water and after watching her for about a minute I looked down at my phone. My other sister was 16 years old and wanted to play volleyball. I was up for it. There was a volleyball net and a poorly inflated volleyball sitting next to it. It was was good enough though, we made use of it. When I looked away from the volleyball net I couldn't see Ksenia. I looked every possible direction she could have gone in the water. I did not see her. It was getting darker and harder to see. I ran to the water to try and find Ksenia. I ran into the water and when I couldn't run anymore I swam. She wasn't in the water anywhere though, but I saw a boat nearby, a big luxurious boat close enough to swim over too. It took me a couple minutes but I got there. I hoisted myself up onto the bow off some tiny step ladders and I heard laughing below deck. There was a hatch door that was opened and there's lights on down there. I called out for help then there was silence. I called out that I was looking for my sister. Then I heard Ksenia's voice from below the deck, she called out my name. I hurried down the stairs into the cabin to see Ksenia sitting on a bed with a coke in her hands. Further down the cabin were two grown men sitting opposite from each other looking at me. I grabbed Ksenia into my arms and one of the men said with a smile that I have a very nice sister. The other man seemed to catch on to my suspicion right away and claimed that the two of them were just offering to give her a ride and some snacks because they saw her all alone in the water. I didn't even say a word to them. One of them asked if we needed a ride back to shore. I didn't answer, I told Ksenia to swim back to the beach with me. We got back to shore in a couple minutes and the boat was far gone into the sunset. I brought my two sisters home and had my dad figure out what he should do. First of all he was mad at me for not getting details of the boat or the men's faces and he was right. My dad punished Ksenia and prohibited her from going to the beach past sunrise from there on out.