Home Alone Horror Story

(571 words)

I live in Sydney, Australia. This happened when I was 15 and home alone. It was about 9 p.m. and I was just coming out of the bathroom when I heard my front gate swing open and my dog began barking. Across the hall I saw someone run past the porch window and into the backyard. I was able to vaguely make out what he looked like. He was hunched over, had sickly pale skin, was wearing all black, and had all messy black hair partially covering his face. I went into the living room to see what was going on. My dog was still at the front door growling, since I hadn't seen the guy return this meant he was still somewhere in my backyard. I waited at the door for a while when another normal looking guy walked onto the porch and came right up to the security bars. I don't remember all the details but our conversation went something along the lines of him saying "hey, have you seen my friend" and I replied "yeah, I think he's in my backyard" he replied saying "ok because I've been following this random guy all over the place. I think he's on drugs and might be dangerous" this struck me as weird though. What did he mean by this random guy, when he had just called him his friend? He quickly walked away, going off into the darkness towards my yard. I should also mention that there's a doer around the back but that also has security bars in front of it and the door was locked at the time. I waited at the front door for a bit then sat back down. After about two minutes of waiting the guy I spoke with walks back into the porch and looked in through the security bars. He now had the pale potentially drugged out guy with him who was pacing back and forth in an agitated manner. I went to the door to see what he wanted. He said "Hey sorry man, I just found him. Look he's really nervous and he'd like if you unlocked the door and came out here just so he could see that you're harmless" I felt a pain in my chest. The creepy drugged out guy had stopped pacing now and was standing unnaturally still, staring me dead in the eyes. There was an uncomfortable silence. I didn't say anything, but stepped forward to push front door shut, causing the second guy to lunge at me and shove his hand through the bars towards me. I jumped back and slammed the door shut with my foot, bolting it. I called my parents and they called the police. The two men had gone when the police arrived. They told me about a break-in that occurred just down the street in less than an hour ago. As far as I know they never found the two guys. Looking back it's likely that the first guy ran into the backyard to try and find a way in and the second guy went to help him. Which is why they were back there for so long. What disturbs me is the fact that they didn't want to just break in nor did the fact that I was home alone. They wanted me to come outside to them or to get in to where I was.