Rise and Shine!

Leonardo

Useless

That's what I'm feeling right now.

He took her and I couldn't do anything aside from waiting for the officers to call me and inform if they found her. They had already checked the CCTV and confirmed that it was Roberto who got the spine to kidnap my girl. The NYPD was quick to come in action after that. They had their forces looking for them. Yet, there's no news of her. It felt like I was dying from inside.

Everyone was in trauma. Mr Sanders had been comforting Char that Jane would be fine even though there was a scintilla of uncertainty in his eyes but he didn't dare to show it in his voice. That didn't aid to cease Char's continuous crying, nonetheless.

Jane, where are you my love?

Defeated, I ran my hands over my face and sighed.
You promised me you'd come back.

"You got the nerve to step in my house after what you've done?" I got up and aimed my way to the direction where the voice came from.

"This is no time to sit and argument on something which is far from important than finding your daughter." Ryder said calmly.

His presence irked me. I wanted to kick him out of the house but his statement caught me off guard. And the same happened with Mr Sanders and other members.

"W-What do you mean?" Char asked from the couch as Mr Sanders loosened his grip on Ryder's collar.

"Do you know where she is?" Luke came forward.

"I don't know," Ryder said to Luke before his eyes moved to me, "but I know someone who might know about Roberto's current location."

"And how you come to know that 'someone'?" I queried, stepping near him. I know that manipulative son of a bitch. This could be his cheap trick. But this involves Jane so I decide to give him a chance to speak.

"You know her more than me, Leonardo. The bitch whose eyes couldn't stand you and Jane together. Ring any bell?"

Without any thought I responded, "Erica."

"Who's Erica?" Mr Sanders frowned.

"Leo's ex." Luke replied that made Mr Sanders eyes wide, "Jane once told me about their relationship. It's quite a controversial topic."

Mr Sanders growled looking between Ryder and I, "Sometimes I curse myself for spoiling that little brunette. She never listens to me and see what kind of idiots she chose in her life. And here we are."

Char glared at her husband before darting her  attention back to Ryder, "How you're so sure that Erica knows about Roberto's location?"

"Because she came to me a night before Jane got kidnapped," something flashed in his eyes before they were back to normal. Was it regret? "She was furious that she could've done anything to see you two apart. I was suspicious about the idea of her hurting Jane. Trust me, Leo. I wanted my Jane back but I never wanted to hurt her. So when I realised that she truly loves you. I left the idea of her taking back. I just wanted her to be happy. Doesn't matter if the reason behind her smile is you." He continued, "but the other night before Erica left my house she said she'd be happily vacationing in Hawai in the end when she got what she wanted."