7 (part two)

This is fucking incredible.

Claire took a drag of breath of the smoke, the cigarette between her fingers and eyes trained on the fresh grass and garden. She was trying to come up with a plan, other that getting involved in this mess.

She sighed, pissed from underneath her skin.

Adam was having a chat about god knows what with Connor and Hailey, while she had decided that it was time for another smoke in the less than an hour of the first one. Stressful, was what it was.

She huffed our smoke, clenching her teeth.

This won't end well. Hell, this won't end at all.

Her gaze shifted to the men gathered around the gate, working to open it, for a car to roll into Hailey's place, a Rolls Royce, just sliding in effortlessly.

Of course, Haileys parents were gonna show up sooner or later. How worse could it turn out?

She dropped the cigarette, wondering whether she'll ever be able to finish one whole straw without getting interrupted.

Now that she remembered, Adam used to be a chain smoker, and it took forever for everyone to get him to quit smoking a lot of it. It took quite a rough moves, sore faces but in the end, it was worth it.

She liked how bitter it tasted after. She let out a hum, feeling kind of satisfied by it.

She stared from a distance, as the car pulled up in front of the door, men dressed in black suits walking around to open up the car door.

Nothing would ever top Claire's stare, when she saw how expensive the car would have been, the black finishing, just making her eyebrows raise.

Suddenly, the air around Claire felt tight, so very tight, that she couldn't move. It didn't look like Hailey's parents were here to put on a show. Hell, she wished it was them, other than the person who just stepped out.

Claire's lips parted, her eyes going wide.

How worse could a fucking day get?

Standing before her, was none other than the man himself, Lucas Clark, tall and proud in his own expensive possessions.

She choked, completely frozen in her spot.

The man turned, immediately spotting her from the corner of his eyes, and a glint of.. something, flashed across his face.

Lucas fucking Clark was a grown ass man now, taller than Claire, broad chest and jawline that could cut the tension in the air. But something still remained so similar.. his eyes, his sapphire blue eyes still remained.

They had lost the sparkle once owned.

"I can't breathe." She muttered to herself, before bringing her hand to her chest. "Fuck."

At this point, Lucas reminded her of only one person: Brady Carson Clark.

He looked like a goddamned replica of his father, with coldness spurting through his gaze.