chapter 31

(TRIGGER WARNING!⚠️)
(Mentions of rape.)

Clark and Ruby decided to go for a late night drive around town for old times sake.

"Do we even have a destination?" Ruby asked.

"Yes, we do! Just be patient." Clark said.

10 minutes later go by and they pull up to an overlook.

"Wow...this is so cool," Ruby said.

"I know right? I usually come up here by myself. It's where I come to think. I know it sounds cliche but it's true." Clark said.

"But it's still cute," Ruby said.

Clark blushes. "Ruby...you're making me blush." He said.

"Good! I live for that!" Ruby said.

Clark laughs at her. "You're too much." He said.

"If anything, I am just enough," Ruby said.

"You know if you want to get a better view, we can lower the front seats and go in the back," Clark said.

"Sounds good to me," Ruby said.

They lower the front seats and climb in the backseat. Ruby finds a blanket on the car floor and picks it up.

"Were you planning a car date?" Ruby asked.

"Maybe..." Clark said with a smirk.

"Real cute. Now cuddle with me." Ruby said.

Ruby spreads the fluffy blanket across her and Clark. Her back lays on his chest, being the small spoon and he has his arms around Ruby, being the big spoon.

"This is nice. Just you and me. Alone. In your car." Ruby said.

"Yeah, this is nice. I never thought we'd reunite after all we've been through." Clark said.

"I know. But there's something I wanted to ask you." Ruby said.

"Ask me what?" Clark asked.

"Am I abusive?" Ruby asked.

"No. Not at all. Who told you that? I bet it was Mandy." Clark said.

"I mean....she was saying how I'm a bad person because I abuse you when we have sex and what we have isn't real love," Ruby said.

"Ruby, do not listen to her. You like to inflict pain, and yes I do enjoy receiving pain but it's nothing too extreme where I'm bleeding or being bruised. You're not abusive. You're far from that." Clark said.

"I don't know...it's just that...when she said, it made me feel terrible about myself. She just doesn't understand." Ruby said.

"Understand what?" Clark asked.

"I don't wanna talk about it, Clark," Ruby said.

"Come on. Don't you trust me? You can tell me." Clark said.

Ruby sits up and faces Clark.