𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑒𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃

•*•

.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.

As she was standing backstage with some other 'mentors', Daphne was quite nervous. The victors had a plan; say anything that could get the games canceled. She feared for their safety, because it would hardly be subtle. She feared what Snow might do. 

The interviews, despite an actual effort being put in them, were rather boring, and little did happen apart from a handful of notable saying such as Beetee's. Daphne understood why Katniss wanted him on her team. Although him and the female tribute along with her lover and the old woman wouldn't keep her alive.

Soon it was district seven's turn. Daphne's attention got peaked when Johanna sat down, already looking annoyed. "Johanna," Ceasar said. "You are angry. Tell me why?"

The woman scoffed, a bitter laugh leaving her. "Well, yes, I'm angry. You know, I'm getting totally screwed over here."

"Aha?" He asked, not looking quite at ease with the way it was going.

"The deal was that if I win the Hunger Games, I get to live the rest of my life in peace," she looked directly into one of the camera's and Daphne tugged her lip between her teeth again. "But now, you wanna kill me again," she chuckled bitterly. "Well, you know what? Fuck that!" She yelled, a round of gasps going around in the room. "Fuck everybody that has anything to do with it!" And after that, she stormed off the stage.

"Well, that's one woman's opinion," Ceasar said. Anything else he might have said got lost, because Daphne rushed away to find Johanna. She needed to find her, although she didn't know what she'd say or do. She just couldn't let her be alone, really.

Finding her was quite easy; there seemed to be a path of destruction where she went, and after a couple of steps in the right direction, the sound of her yelling at someone had become quite hard to ignore.

Sure enough, Daphne found Johanna screaming at Daniel, who was doing anything but good. "Hey, hey," Daphne said, making her presence known before she startled the woman, which would only be worse.

"What?" She snapped at her. "Are you here to tell me I fucked up too?" She probably could have said more, but Daphne gave Daniel a look.

"Leave," she said to him. He hesitated. "Now."

Lucky for him, he decided it was the right time to listen to the girl. When he was gone, a slight amount of anger seemed to drop from Johanna's face. "Look, I know you don't want to, but you have to get back there for the show moment, I guess."

"I know," she bit, gathering her skirts up with rough movements. "It's all so stupid."

Daphne chuckled, watching as Johanna stormed back to where she was needed. "You look good, though."

Johanna mumbled something that Daphne didn't quite catch, but given her mood, that was probably for the better.

***