5

"Alpha, are your people ready?" Jesse asks as they meet up with the wolf pack at the sacrifice's glade.

"Yes, Lord Jesse. We are just awaiting you and your brothers." The alpha says bowing his head in respect. He shivers a bit at the pleased, but twisted smile that takes over Jesse's face. "On your order, Lord."

Most of the pack has already turned to their wolf. Only the alpha remains in his human form. They are all excited to help out the vampires. They know that with this, in a few years there will be human women to help them breed pups.

The pure werewolf pups will be the strongest of course, but still those that are half human are plenty strong. It is the weak humans that are turned that are the weak wolves. They will do well to serve the pack in other ways. This night should prove quite profitable, all they must do is have a bit of patience.

"There is a wedding celebration of the headman's son. The majority of the village will undoubtedly be there. However, there is a good likelihood that some of the outlying villagers won't be there. I want you wolves to surround and herd the villagers to the village green. That's where the celebration will be taking place."

"As you wish, Lord. If I might, how do you know that there is a marriage celebration tonight?"

"The sister of the girl last night is the one getting married tonight. The bride was originally intended to be the sacrifice until she got with the groom's child." Jesse chooses to share with the wolves.

There is muttering among the wolves at this. Duty and responsibility is ranked high among the wolves. Shirking her duty and breaking the rules to do so makes them angry. "Aren't they ordered to not have relations before marriage?" Is heard by the vampires as the alpha mutters angrily.

"They should be, but it seems that some of them have forgotten the rules. Esmeralda says that this isn't the first child her sister was pregnant with either, just the first one that she's allowing to let live."

That makes all the wolves growl. Pups are a gift for the parents and to kill them is a crime among their people.

"Please, tell me, Lord Jesse, that she is one of those slated for death tonight?" The alpha asks with tears in his eyes. Areon is the only child he was able to have.

Jesse and the others shake their heads. "She and her new husband will be among those that will be made slaves. Once she has this child and three more she will be going to you,  unless she doesn't survive childbirth."

"She will be ours to punish then?" The alpha asks intently. They won't kill her, they need females too desperately to do that, but they will make her life hell while she lives.

"Once she is in your hands you are free to do with her whatever you wish. She will no longer be of any concern of mine." Jesse says coldly and the smile he wears makes the alpha shiver in fear.

"The parents of the girl were paid by the elders to be the sacrifice. They even disowned her and took her name away before they left her starving and terrified here last night." This also makes the wolves growl. You don't sell your children or starve them. "They had abused her for years."

With how cold and biting the words are the alpha is sure that the parents are going to be among the dying this night. He hopes that it won't be a clean and quick death. 

Jesse gives the signal and they all run towards the village. The wolves splitting off to surround the village while the vampires go straight for the village center.

They stop outside of the lanterns that decorate the square and watch the people laughing, talking and dancing. They are eating as they enjoy the frivolity of the time. Jesse and his brothers sneer at the sight.