Albert Fish

Albert Fish was born on May 19, 1870 with the original name of Hamilton Howard fish he lived in Washington D.C. with his parents and three siblings. When Alberts Seventy-Five-year-old father passed away due to a heart attack the family fell on hard times.

Mrs. fish not being able to financially support her children, gave her son over to Saint John's orphanage around age 5, it was there where he began to call himself Albert, after a deceased sibling, trying to escape his unwanted nickname "ham and eggs" which other boys teased him with.

During his years at the orphanage the teachers would regularly punish the boys. Making them strip naked, before whipping and beating them in front of each other.

This sort of discipline developed a taste for sadomasochism and would give him erections when he witnessed the brutal punishments. He stayed in the orphanage until around age 9, when his mother came back to claim him.

In 1882, only three years later, Albert began his first homosexual relationship with the telegraph boy. It was in this relationship where his darker urges began to emerge.

Albert experimented with drinking urine, consuming feces, and watching other boys undress in public bathrooms.

This was just the beginning of his twisted crimes.

At age 20, Albert had moved to New York City and started work as a male prostitute. In later interviews about his younger years Albert fish admitted it was about this time when he began sexually assaulting young boys, an act he continued to do throughout his life.

In 1898, his mother arranged a marriage for him to a 19-year-old woman. Albert became a father to six children, supporting his family by working as a handyman and a painter. All the while he continue to molest children, his victims consisted mostly of boys under six, mental handicaps or African-American children, since he believed the police were less likely to investigate their cases.

By 1903, Albert was arrested for embezzlement and was imprisoned into a  correctional facility where he continued to have sex with other men. Before long he was released and unleashed all new forms of terror on the public.

One afternoon during a visit to a wax museum the ex-prisoner glanced upon the bisection of a penis on display, he instantly became fascinated and developed a morbid curiosity for castration.

In 1910, in Wilmington, Delaware Albert began a sadomasochistic relationship with a 19-year-old, Thomas Kidd. It is unclear if this was a consensual relationship due to the implication of Thomas being mentally disabled. It was with Thomas that Albert began satisfying his sadistic curiosity. Albert lead his lover into a secluded farmhouse where Thomas was tortured for two weeks. Killing Thomas was Alberts original plan, Albert took a pair of scissors in his hand and severed half of Thomases penis for Albert to keep as a souvenir.

Albert had a taste for what he desired and he was only getting started.

Back with his family in January 1917, Alberts wife abandoned him and their children for another handyman named John Straub. This rejection caused the already unstable man to pull further madness. He began to wander the house swaddled in carpets and took the self harming to cope with his stress. Albert would strike himself with a paddle studded with one and a half inch nails, he would press needles into his abdomen.

His fascination with children grew as time went on.  In 1919, a mentally disabled boy was stabbed in Washington, D.C.

On July 11, 1924 Albert tried to abduct eight-year-old Beatrice and kill her while she played on her parents Staten Island farm. The parents however chased him off.

And like most beasts throughout the ages, Albert began to evolve. Albert had developed a peculiar taste for raw meat often preparing it for dinner. Meals opened the door to Alberts newest desire, Cannabilsm.

The kidnappings only continued, once Albert would find one of his victims he would torture them, kill them, and then eat their flesh.

The most prominent murder carried out Albert was the abduction and slaughter of Grace bud. In 1928, answering an ad in the newspaper, 58-year-old Albert under the alias Frank Howard met Edward bud to offer him work on his alleged farm. During a lunch the two shared, Grace, Edwards 10-year-old sister, returned home from church. Albert was instantly drawn to her and invited Grace to go with him to a birthday party of one of his sisters children, he promised he would bring her home by 9 PM. Grace was allowed to go with Albert but that was the last Grace's family ever saw of her.

Albert took Grace to the train station and after the ride to the countryside. He showed her an empty house and instructed Grace to wait outside where she picked wildflowers. He went to the second floor of the house and removed all of his clothing, then called out for Grace to come upstairs where Albert revealed himself and attacked her. He strangled the girl to death, decapitated her, and cut up her body. It wasn't until seven years later in November that Albert sent an anonymous letter to Grace's parents describing in full detail what he had done to their daughter. The police were finally led to Albert fish, Albert was arrested for the murder of Grace, he plead insanity saying he heard the voice of God telling him to kill children.

During an Examination, x-rays revealed 29 needles inbedded in his pelvis from his self harm. Even so his 10 day trial found him sane and guilty. Albert was sentenced to death but not before confessing to three murders and stabbing at least two other people. Often times he would lose his job as a painter because he was suspiciously connected to disappearances.

On January 16, 1936 Albert was finally put to death by electric chair becoming the oldest man ever executed at Sing Sing prison.