Welcome Party

( Welcome boys and girls of the Quarantine, to the most put off and probably least interesting chapter so far. I can't get through the full list of reasons why this took so long, so I won't even try. Apologies that all the action is next chapter, but the story must move forward.

I also must give my thanks to (I am terribly sorry I can't find your comment.) whoever mentioned that the brutes may see the Slayer in a different light, because your idea had been taken into extremely heavy consideration and this chapter sets that up. Let that be a message to anyone who has an idea of their own, I do listen. 

Feel free to roast my ass in the comments, hope I didn't disappoint too bad. The next chapter will be fun to write, so hopefully I'll see you soon.)

What you interfere with now is bigger than you can imagine.

It is their time to give penance.

If you continue, you will bring down the heaven's wrath.

You are but one man.

They are no longer your people to save.

________________________________________________________________________________

Securing the Demon was surprisingly uneventful, as most of it's fight seemed to have been knocked out of it. It was most definitely alive however, with shallow breathing able to heard within it's helmet. It didn't seem possible to the Shipmaster that anything could've survived such an attack, and he remained virtually silent the entire journey to the detention block. If this were of human creation, then perhaps the Prophet's would see reason to take more caution in their actions against their kind. It was just the sort of news that Kex would have loved to receive, but Sisze knew better than to expect such caution from his leaders, for it was not their own lives on the line, not yet.

"I want triple guard around this Demon, and I want to be notified if it should start to vocalize in any way." The Sangheili guards nodded curtly, unable to suppress their displeasure at guard duty.

Sisze ambled back to the bridge in a haze, far too deep in thought to notice anything along his journey. Twice he found himself at dead ends before he finally was snapped out of his haze by the Major, who's name he really should know by now, who kneeled with a look of accomplishment as he informed Sisze that he had contacted the Prophets himself and they were waiting for the Shipmaster's report. Sisze praised the Major, however he was anything but pleased at this news. With the Prophet's breathing down his neck, Sisze had hoped to get this over with quickly, but now it seemed impossible that the proceedings would be anything but long and tedious. How do you kill something that doesn't want to die?

Sisze approached the repaired comms unit and hovered his hand over the activation switch with apprehension. Did he really want to do this? Surely the Prophet's could wait until he informed his friend of the news, or at least attempted to speak with her some more. He breathed out, no, this was something best done promptly and with tact. Sisze activated the holo projector to be greeted by the unreadable faces of Truth, Mercy, and Regret.

"Shipmaster 'Drazumee." Truth spoke in a tone suggesting he hadn't been expecting such a communication despite knowing full well it would come. "I assume you've followed through on your vows to destroy our newest threat."

Sisze felt his heart tighten at the Prophet's words, feeling the hidden sentiment behind it. "The threat has been neutralized Noble Hierarchs. Sisze's voice caught in his throat for a brief second trying to force his next words out. "But the Demon has not been killed."

The Prophet's looked at each other, and an outcry came from Mercy and Regret before Truth slammed his fist on his throne, silencing their words before they made it out. Truth turned back to Sisze and addressed him directly, in a very threatening tone "Before any judgement is passed, do you care to explain yourself?"