10 | Distraction

Chapter Ten: Distraction

"Hey Chris," a girlish voice says behind him.

He turns on his heel to find Piper beaming at him.

Just what he needs - a distraction.

"Oh Piper," he gives the best smile he could muster, really happy to see her.

"I thought you said someone was waiting for you?" She asks.

"Yeah. Well, I went to meet him but he's sorta busy with his girlfriend," Chris replies.

"Oh. Did you come with your girlfriend?" She asks him curiously.

She knows his story. She knows he is a player but she just decided to ask that.

"Nope," he answers, trying his best not to cringe.

"So...you live around here?" He asks to change the subject.

"Yeah. I do. You?"

"Nah," He answers.

Piper wants to ask where he lives but doesn't wanna spoil her chance with him or sound too nosy. They talk about their schools for a while, laughing.

Then Chris asks, "Wanna hear some pickup lines?"

Piper grins, "Sure."

"Are you google cause you have everything I've been looking for," he starts.

Piper smiles, "Good one."

"Did it hurt?" Chris asks.

"Did what hurt?"

"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

Piper bursts out laughing.

"Wait. Your boobs look great in this dress," he says.

Piper smiles but then remembers that it's supposed to be a pickup line. She has heard it before.

"Girls hate that one. Don't try it on anyone at all," she tells him.

"I don't know why you guys hate it. We're just complimenting you," he argues.

"Ya think?" Piper raises her eyebrows.

Chris shrugs as he thinks.

"Are you a camera because every time I look at you I smile."

Piper's smile widens, very happy to be having this conversation with Christopher Hayes. He's even saying pickup lines to her. Guess she'd have him this night.

Hopefully, she wouldn't let him slip away tonight.

She must have him.

She can barely focus on what is saying due to her zoning out.

He's radiating sex appeal and it's hard to ignore.

She zones back in when his voice raises a little as he says, "Check this one out."

"Are you the parking ticket 'cause you've got fine written all over you?"

Piper immediately starts laughing, "That was a really good one."

Chris laughs also, "I know right!"

They both find themselves staring at each other after laughing. Piper glances at his lips. Before Chris can do anything, Piper crushes his lips with hers. It takes a moment for Chris to kiss her back.

Usually he enjoys this, he does it all the time but right now, he isn't feeling anything. Right now, he isn't in the mood, not feeling the vibe.

She tastes of beer.