New Horizons

Earth
2552
U.N.S.C HQ
31st march
"With every day we reach out further new colonies, new horizons but with those that bring new threats," the man stopped and took a breath. "I know most of my 'esteemed' colleagues" he put emphasis on esteemed. "Do not fully trust the arbiter and the swords but with his recent proposal, the planet odyssey" when he said that a holographic image appeared in the middle of the table. "This planet is capable of supporting life, the arbiter suggests a shared colony, I believe that it would be a tactical decision." The man giving the speech was vice-admiral Whitaker. Once his speech ended there were questions from O.N.I but was approved by Lord Hood. 

"Say, Whitaker, you need someone in charge of security do you have someone in mind?" Hood asked as there walked. 

"I had a few in mind," Whitaker said.

"Who? I'll see if I get them for you," Hood asked. 

"Well one of them ODST Charlie. My flagship second lieutenant his platoon always gets the job done and when his personal team enters the ground combat there could make a spartan blush" Whitaker informs him. 

"Sounds like a good choice and the second one?" Hood asked. 

"Now that's where I'm going to need your help, my old friend, a Spartan to be more specific this one" he handed Hood a datapad. 

"It'll be tricky but consider it done," Hood said with certainty in his voice. 

"Thank you, Terrence, oh one more thing the elites mentioned Forerunner artefacts I was looking for a doctor who could look into them, I think this one would be a good choice," Whitaker said. He changes the page on the datapad. 

"Doctor Soji Asha? I should be able to do that," He gave lord hood a handshake. 

"Goodbye old friend," Hood said. 

"Same to you," Whitaker says with a smile before entering the pelican to take his ship 'the light in the storm'

Two hours later

a group of four ODST's looked out the window as the ship accelerated into slipspace. "You never get used to that do you," one of the four said.

"No, you don't," another says.

"Can ODST Charlie report to the bridge immediately" the ships A.I Orion's voice said. One of four, who was out of their armour. 

"Okay guys finish getting out of that armour I'll meet up with you lot, later," Charlie said walking away. It doesn't take long for the man to reach the bridge. "Admiral Whitaker, sir you want me?" Charlie says walking onto the bridge snapping a salute. 

"lieutenant, there is a lot to talk about," the admiral said. He spent a few minutes explaining his plan to Charlie. 

"So you want me to help run security for a planet with a Spartan?" Charlie asked.

"Yes but first I need you to guard this person upon her arrival here on the ship in the next hour," Whitaker said.

"Yes sir," Charlie said with a salute. 

"I'll let you know when the dropship arrives and Charlie you'll be spending a lot of time with Doctor Asha so get to know her properly," Whitaker says. Charlie left the bridge. He meets up with his squad. Morgan, Kyle and William. 

"I've got our next assignment. It's a babysitting job" he spent a bit of time explaining what the plan is to them. 

"Babysitting is one thing but with a xenobiologist and Anthropologist that the worse I never understand what there mean" Kyle complained.