Chapter One: Car In The Shop

It was a cold rainy day in Liverpool, Nova Scotia, but one 17-year-old teenager named Max Dixon, was working on his 1999 Mitsubishi Evo VI, all you could hear from his garage is his power tools running and banging, hearing hisses of steam coming from the NOS being put into the car and connected to the engine. Max puts his keys in the ignition of his car and starts it up and revs the very loud but quite powerful engine then his phone buzzes in his pocket, it was his friend, Harry.

"Hiya Max! How is your car? you still working on it? because the race is Thursday at 8:00 pm sharp!" exclaimed Harry

"Yeah yeah" says Max fiddling with the keys in the ignition "The car is nearly done, plus I'm getting the car repainted on Tuesday, I just need to get my sharp yellow paint job done and I should be good to go!" says Max taking the keys out of the ignition and hanging them up on his mirror.

"Listen, Harry, you think you can maybe come over and help me work on my engine a bit more? and replace the speedometer since the car is gonna go way faster than the limit on my current dash?" explained Max.

Before he could speak another word Harry said "Yes! I would love to help you work on your car! I'm done mine so I don't mind giving a hand to my best bud!" then Max replies "I'll see you at say, 9:40 pm or so?" "Sure Max, see you then," says Harry.

Max hangs up his phone and looks around his car and made sure everything was good and ready until he sees that the spoiler is a bit loose, so he picked up his screwdriver and tightened it very tight while staring at his poster that says: DRAG RACING HERE! Greenfield, Queens County, Nova Scotia! Thursday at 8:00 pm: BE THERE OR BE SQUARE! Max smiles and sighs, then he walks into the house to eat his dinner after working all day on his prized possession.

Max runs into the kitchen and his step-father and mother smile at his goofiness

"I can tell you're excited for that race sweetie, your father would be so proud if he was here" then tears start to form in her eyes "I know mum, I miss dad and I know that he would be extremely proud that I'm doing something that I love."

Max says while he leans for a hug and a kiss from his mom.

"You're so passionate about car racing like first, you were so passionate about bowling and now since your uncle got you hooked on cars you have been quite passionate about your cars." said his mom Jennette "Buddy, do whatever your heart loves and tells you! I'm proud of you bud!" says his step-father.

Max smiles and says thanks to his parents and eats his dinner. After he finished his dinner, he stood up and did the dishes for his mother, which there wasn't many of them he still liked to offer to do them, Max loves to clean and do anything to help his family and friends, and even cook, then the doorbell rings.

"Hey Max!" exclaims Harry "Hiya Harry, ready to work on the car? I don't think it would be too hard to change out the speedometer, I did all the calculations on the computer and it showed me that the car can reach 380 km/h, much faster than the stock 260 km/h." then Harry looks at Max puzzled "That is including the NOS am I correct?" then Max replies "Yes."

As they are walking to the garage, they unlock the car door and takes the steering wheel off and pull open the dash panel to replace it with Max's new digital dash, Harry puts in the digital dash while Max works on his stereo system in the car since he is an audiophile he chose the best of the best, Rockward Fosgate, they provide very good speakers and subwoofers, so that is exactly what Max was doing, making a Drag Racing Car that can be used regularly and for the races.

"I thank you so much for doing this Harry, I appreciate our friendship." Harry replied "It's no problem Max, anything to help one of my best friends." Max smiles and says "Bohemian Rhapsody?"

They both turn to each other and shut the car doors, turns the subwoofer, bass, and treble to max settings and hits play to test out the best song to test out a stereo or speaker. Both Harry and Max get out of the car after the song has finished, as Max is a good friend he walks Harry to the door and says goodbye, and he walks to his completed car, his car was a newer 2016 Subaru Impreza WRX STI then he gets inside and then drives off fast

"See you on Thursday Max!" Harry Exclaims Max returns inside the house and walked upstairs and went to bed since he was tired due to working almost all day.

-The Next Day-

Max drives his new wheels to a nearby Car Shop to get the Evo painted a nice Race Yellow, he was just excited, to get his car done and ready so he decided to pick up and read a car magazine as he waited for his car to be done, although, it may take a few hours, plus it shouldn't be too hard since the original color of the vehicle was white, he thought that yellow would be a better more classic choice for the original colors that represented rally cars and drag racing as a whole.

A few hours have passed and Max was getting a coffee from the coffee machine and his name got called on the intercom: "Max Dixon, 17, 1999 Mitsubishi Evo VI, White to Yellow, ready for pick up"

His face immediately perked up and he completely forgot about his coffee, he ran down the stairs, quite excitedly, then he saw through the window and seen the newly painted car and it brought a tear to Max's eye.

"It's so beautiful." Said Max in a very exciting voice

The man stood at the desk and he uttered underneath his breath "Oh lordy hell, another bozo obsessed with cars."

Max walked up to the desk and got his keys and the Painter stopped him and told him dead in his eyes and said

"Be very careful as the paint is still drying if you scratch, scuff against it, it will rub the paint right off, so I'd suggest to you to grab a pair of those gloves and it won't do anything to the new paint job"

So, Max followed his instructions and picked up a pair of cotton gloves for about $5.00 and opened it up, put them on and got into his car, plugged in his phone and turned on his tunes then drove away.

Max pulled onto the highway and put the car in second gear, then third gear, he didn't go up to 6th gear since he didn't want to get pulled over, handling the car at about 100 km/h until he had to pull off of the highway and turned off onto the home stretch, he zoomed down the street going up to the 6th gear and drifting around the circle down the street and zoomed back up into his driveway and his garage. Max gets out and says

"Purrs like a kitten haha" Max says in a funny tone of voice

He runs into the kitchen and eats his dinner, he made Spaghetti and Meatballs for his parents, afterward, he did the dishes, then went into the shower, then he went to bed since he has a busy day on Thursday.