65. My Perfect Fate

Him...

It's all good. I'm just going to put on my fucking suit and go to work, because that is the only thing that might actually help me get my head off of last night.

Yes, Emma said no to marrying me.
Yes, she left without an explanation.
Yes, she doesn't want to take any of my calls.

Why? I have no idea. But it's okay. Because all I have to do is get the fuck up and get fucking dressed.

Fuck, I never imagined I would get my heart broken like that. It feels like a fucking Joke.

Laughing at my own stupidity and naivety, I got off the bed.

How could I be so delusional? How could I be so overwhelmed with all these new feelings I have for her that I honestly believed this relationship was strong enough for marriage?

Marriage? What the fuck was I thinking? I mean, who the fuck am I? Since when do I want to get married? Let alone buy her a fucking ring and get down on one knee. Fucking stupid.

Getting dressed, I kept telling myself how irrational it was of me to propose or even consider going this far into a relationship with a woman, before I decided to no longer think about the whole matter and just go to the company and fucking work my ass off.

"Morning." Jake waved a hand once I walked down the stairs.

"See you at work." I dismissed as I opened the door and walked through it, but not before noticing the look he exchanged with his father and mine. Deciding once more to not give a fuck, I walked to my car and drove off before I choked to death in that house.

Because even though I would not admit it again, it felt like a shithole without Emma by my side..

Her...

"Drake, hold on. Isn't that Dean's car?" I pointed at the car that just got out of Jake's.

"Oh, fuck, he looks furious. Should I go after him?" He asked and I thought about it for a second before shaking my head.

"No. I have a better idea." I said and even though I couldn't catch a look at Dean, I knew what Drake was talking about.

He must be so heartbroken that he would start getting angry more than sad. He would start shutting everyone out so that no one could see how hurt he actually is. I screwed my man up, big time. And I need to fix it.

"I know that look. Fuck, you're going to get me in trouble, aren't you?" Drake shook his head in worry and I only smiled further.

"Don't worry. If this goes as planned, Dean is going to forgive me. Trust me." I promised.

"I do." He nodded as he parked in front of Jake's.

"Come on." We got out of the car and inside the house to see Jake, Max and Bob having breakfast.

"Oh, I'm starving." Drake announced, already taking a seat while all eyes were glued to me.

"Morning." I smiled weakly.

"We need to talk." Jake stood up instantly, fixing his suit.

"I know. I thought you broke your promise and I ruined everything. But it's okay, I know how to fix it. I'll explain everything him, don't worry." I turned to Max and Bobby, "I'm sorry for everything. It was just a big misunderstanding but tonight Dean and I will explain everything, because I know that you have no clue what is happening."

"Quite right." Max replied.

They must hate me..

"We don't hate you. We just don't understand." Bobby replied and I blushed.