Chapter 12

Myra's POV

It was evening. The sun had already started setting down in the west. The sky is covered with red hue adding sparks to it's beauty.

I was looking outside , as the sky is getting dark, every single living being started to return to their home.

I also wanted to go home. I miss my family. I miss them all. I want to go to my Maa Papa, I want to hug them, cry on their shoulder.

Everything was beautiful in my life before he came.

He is like a silent storm in my life. Who destroyed me completely.

He is like a mystery. I don't know what is the reason behind all his behaviour towards me.

Why he is doing all this?...

And why he is doing all this with?....

I never did any wrong to him?....

Intentionally or unintentionally I never tried to hurt him...

So why me?...

I am not able to understand why is he want to hurt everyone related to me...

I am already confused by these things?.... And then there is another mystery Avni... I am happy that I met her after so many years... But I never expected to meet her like this...

I don't know what is happening... We were best friends... Until that day... When her whole family disappeared like they never existed... And then today she again came with her new parents... I... I ... I don't know what is happening... How could someone's parents change.... They are not some property or car that you sell the old one on and bought a new one... Aghhhhh... My head is spinning... These siblings are making me go crazy... This family is mysterious... I just want to run away....

I was thinking all this when I heard a knock which took me out of my thoughts. I turned around and looked at the door. Avni was there with a tray. She came in with a smile and I smiled back.

She moved towards the bed and sat on it. I went to there and sat beside her.

"I know you have many questions and I will answer each and every question of your. Ask me anything that you wanted to know I will answer it but first eat this." She said forwarding a plate with some fruits in it.

"This... I mean I am not hungry." I said looking at her.

"Maa send this... Have it she said you should eat something... It has been long you ate anything... That is not good for your health." She said forwarding the plate again towards me. This time without saying anything and I took the plate from her hand and took a bite.

"Myra... Don't you want to know anything about me." She said with a pause.

I looked towards her with a questioning look. She signalled me to go on. I straighten myself. And asked her whatever was on my mind.

"Where were you all these years? And what is this going on? How could they be your parents and.... Vansh your brother? How could it be possible? Aghhhhh....I am so confused." I said agitated.

"Ok... Ok... Relax... I will answer your every question one by one." She said with a chuckle and I gave her a glare.

She looked at me and composed herself. "Ok... So your first question where was I?... I was in Rajsthan." She said.

"And about my parents... So they are no more..." She said with a pause while a lone tear escaped her eyes.

I was shocked, speechless. I don't know what to do at that time. We were silent neither of us know what to say. After sometime I composed myself and wiped her tears.

"I am sorry... " I said feeling guilty.

"Oh... Don't be... It has been thirteen years. In all these years I and bhai learned to live without them but there absence still affect us." She said composing herself.

"Bhai... Means Vansh or Aman? " I asked her still confused.

"Vansh is Aman. I know you are confused... But it's the truth Aman was Bhai's nickname. Mumma wants to name him this but my dadi (paternal grandmother) named him Vansh." She said. I know she had a brother but I never met him... In our childhood she used to talk a lot about her brother and told me that he lived in some boarding school. Her parents sent him to boarding school because he was a very mischievous kid.

"You remember when we last met at the school before summer vacations..." She asked and I nodded my head. How could I forget that? Those were the last memory I have with her. She sighed and after a pause continued.

"After school when I reached home. Mumma told me that we are going to Rajsthan to my uncles house for the vacation... I was very excited.... " She said recalling something.

"It had been a week we were in Rajsthan... Everything was good I was happy as my uncle aunty used to pamper me a lot as I was the only daughter in our family... But my happiness did not last long... It was midnight. I was in my room sleeping when I heard some cries. I woke up with a jerk and followed the sound which was coming from the living room...I reached there and the seen in front of me shook me to the core...my uncle was talking on the phone with someone he looked very serious. My  aunt was crying... She was on  the couch beside my mother with some ladies from the neighborhood consoling her..... And mumma... She was looking like a statue... Her face was devoid any emotions... I was scared... I was clueless... My heart was aching looking at all of that... I knew something very bad had happened.... I went to them.

"Badi maa... Why are you crying?... And what happened to mumma?" I asked her and went near my mother.

"Mumma... What happened?.... Mumma .... Why are you not talking to me... Mumma... Mumma..." I said shaking her a bit. After getting no reaction from her I turned towards my aunt with a questioning look.

She didn't said anything but hugged tightly hiding me in her arms. After sometime I broke the hug and looked towards her. She looked at me and then towards my uncle. He gestured her to speak.

She took a deep sigh and what she said next that turned my world upside  down... " She said and broke down in tears.