T h i r t y :

X e n a

It was currently 3pm on a Sunday afternoon. I had around 3 more hours until Archer was going to pick me up. I still had no idea where we were going.

I was sitting on the plush sofa in the living room watching a few episodes of Parks and Recreation. While I ate some cookies.

Dad had gone to get something from his office and he said he'll be back soon.

Around 2 hours later I decided to go for a shower and change into some shorts and an oversized black shirt.

I even managed to cover up the hickey pretty well with some concealer. I then just let my hair dry out naturally. By the time I was done getting, I heard the doorbell ring.

I walked down the stairs and opened the door, Archer was standing there in all his glory.

"Hey" I smile and close the door behind me and locking it shut.

"Hey" Archer smiles and quickly kisses my forehead before we both head for his car. I was a bit confused because it wasn't his usual black car. It was a white Range Rover.

"Why the change of cars?" I ask him.

"You'll see" Archer smiles before he opens the door for me. I thank him and got inside. He got into the drivers side and he backed out of the driveway.

"So. Where are we going?" I ask, a small smile on my face. I know it's annoying him because I've probably asked him the same question more than 10 times today through text.

I can get a bit curious sometimes.

"Xena" Archer looks at me blankly before turning back to the road.

"Stop asking. You'll find out. And trust me you'll like it" Archer smiles.

"Okay, whatever you say" I laugh.

Around half an hour later we reached the destination. And as soon as I saw the big plain white wall and big a big parking lot I knew instantly where we were.

"Drive in cinema?" I ask his with a smile on my face.

Archer parks the car and turns to me with a grin.

"Yup" he says.

The boot of the car was facing the white wall, Archer and I both got out of the car and Archer opened the boot. And it was set up with blankets, pillows, and snacks.

"How did I not notice this when I first entered the car" I shake my head, a laugh bubbling through my mouth.

We both climbed into the boot and waited for the movie to start. We talked about the weirdest stuff while we waited for others cars to come and fill in the space left.

After around 20 minutes the screen turned on and the beginning of the movie started.

Archer then scoots down a bit and rests his head on my shoulder. I rest my head on his head and we watch the movie. I look around me and there were many people watching the movies. Some were sitting in the car, some in the boot and some where even on the roof of their car.

My gaze falls back to the move as I focus back on it.

———

Around 2 and a half hours later the movie ended. During the movie I changed my position so that I was laying done on Archer legs and he was just playing with my hair while he watched the movie.