ℍ𝕦𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕩 𝔼𝕩𝕒𝕞

She really hoped she wasn't too late

Landing on the roof of a nearby store, Allia Zoldyck looked down at the stores lining the streets in observation. 

She had heard of the Hunter's Exam through her younger brother, Killua, who had passionately confided in her about his determination to pass it, and it had piqued her interest. 

Not that he knew.

Jumping down, Allia strolled up to a steak house and went in without hesitation. It was filled with rough muscular people, all in line waiting for their turn to order. It was obvious enough that this was the entrance to the exam.

When it was her turn, Allia walked up to the counter where a buff looking cook stood and greeted him.  "Hello." her voice was cold and biting, and the cook shivered involuntarily.

"What will you be having?" The cook asked.

"The stake combo that opens your eyes to the light....grilled over a low flame until cooked please."

Raising his eyebrows, the cook gestured to the back, saying

"great, let yourself into the back room."

Thanking him, Allia entered the back room, which was empty. It was small, and had metal walls.

Seeing a button on the door, she pressed it, and then sat on the middle of the floor.

Not even flinching when the whole room started to go down, Allia yawned. After a while, the room stopped with a clank, and the whole back wall opened.

Standing up and dusting herself off, she walked out into a cavern-like structure.

Silently, Allia walked up to a little green bean like man wearing a suit.

"Hello there!" He said. "Welcome to the 287th Hunter Exam! Please take this tag. You are number 45."

Taking the circle tag with the number on it he was holding out, the Zoldyck peered at the strange green creature and quirked an eyebrow in amusement.

"Thank you." She said.

So she wasn't late at all...Interesting. Number 45 isn't too bad.... Allia mused.

Continuing on, she leaned onto a pillar standing in the middle and crossed her arms, observing the people.

Everyone seemed weak and useless.

However, one stood out.

A red haired man who looked like a joker He had a malicious aura around him, and was smiling in an unsettling way. She liked him.

She saw that his tag said #44, one number below hers. She also noticed that his hair was absolutely gravity defying. What kind of gel was he using?

Suddenly, as if feeling her gaze, said joker snapped his head toward Allia.

His smile widened at the corners, and he started walking to her.

Allia blankly stared at the clownish man. "Yes?" She asked.

 "Why hello! Whatever is a beautiful lady like you doing here~?" The joker winked. 

"Taking the exam, obviously."

"Of course..of course. And what is the name of the darling madam~?"

Allia had to chuckle at his ridiculous manner of talk. "Allia Zoldyck." She reached out her hand. "And you are?"

"Hm~ I'm Hisoka Murrow..a pleasure to make your acquaintance." It was certain that the name Zoldyck had incited a desire in him, and Allia grimaced at the perverted glint in his eye. Hisoka shook her hand delicately. Surprisingly, his hand was warm and soft.

Turning back to the entrance, Allia continued to observe the newcomers. She felt Hisoka's presence remain next to her, and felt his eyes still penetrating into the back of her head. \

"Hello! Here is your tag! You are number 301." Allia suddenly heard the small green man say.

The newcomer was completely inhuman like, with pins sticking out from all over his head, and a purple body. He was also making emitting sounds composed of clicks and clacks, as if he was a broken doll. Almost as tall as Hisoka, he stood to the side rather menacingly.

Raising an eyebrow, Allia straightened immediately. 

"It was a pleasure to meet you, Hisoka Murrow. I will see you further in the exam." The Zoldyck excused herself and strode over to the tall purple man. 

When she was in front of him, she shoved her finger into his stomach, pushing him to the shadows of the cave like room with every jab.

"What. Are. You. Doing. Here." She demanded, punctuating each word with a jab of her finger.

The purple man started taking out his pins.

"Now now dear sister, you know what I'm here for-"

"If you are here in an attempt to get me back to the manor, you will find that is an impossible task, little brother."

"And you should know that you, the strongest out of all of us, is the perfect heir."

His transformation was gruesome. Face twisting everywhere, limbs following. It took a few minutes for it to be complete.

Illumi Zoldyck

Illumi Zoldyck. Long, straight black hair. Blank, soulless eyes. Beautifully pale skin.

Laughing an empty laugh, Allia took a strand of his hair between her fingers.

"I'm more than willing to become heir. But not yet. Our parents are still alive and healthy, and father has no intention to retire just yet. Therefore, I have time. As a little brother, your duty is to stand to the side."

Tugging on the strand, Allia let go, and linked her arm with Illumi's. She was no longer as mad since he wasn't here to take her by force.

"Now then, my dear. What is the real reason you are here?"

 What is the real reason you are here?"