cero

Zero| Come and get some mothertrucker

Olivia Rose
__________________

"WHERE the hell did you come from?"

Standing in the middle of my living room is a figure- no, I am not hallucinating and yes, I am ninety nine point nine percent sure that it, whatever the figure was, is not my room mate.

I don't even have a room mate!

"That's an interesting question." The figure turned away from the window, honestly I don't know what they were looking at, it's literally pitch black outside. He wore a dark hood over his features and due to the lack of lighting in my apartment, I could only see his muscle built and tall height- and Jesus was this guy tall as heck.

"You see, I was born in Italy, but I spent the first thirteen years of my life in Germany, then I attended high school in America and completed my bachelor degree in England and now I am here." He shrugged. "But then again, my parents aren't from any of those places. You want a hint? It starts with R and ends with sia."

I blink. What?

"That's not- that's not what I meant-" My gaze travelled to my window. "Did you- did you break in through the window?!"

"Uh, about that." The figure rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. I was beyond furious, not only did this dude break into my apartment- at midnight, might I add- he also broke my window. Repairing windows are not cheap, ya'll and I am currently running short with money.

All I wanted, after a long shift at the local bar, was to get home, take a shower and flop on my bed. Now all my plans are down the drain because someone decided to break into my house and probably try to steal my cash.

Well, news flash buddy. I am broke.

And I certainly did not clean up a customer's puke, got scolded by my boss and listened to my co-worker vent about her very complicated relationship with three dudes just to get home and get killed by some robber. Nope, no, sir. I still have the leftover cookie dough in my refrigerator to finish and I am not going down so easily.

"What do you want?" I snap, letting my backpack fall to the ground. The pocket knife in my pocket felt hot against my skin and I really wanted to appear like one of those main characters who are badass and just pow pow and pew pew the bad guys. "Look, if you are here for the money, I am broke AF right now. Maybe you can come after twenty eight days when I get my salary-"