twenty-two

𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖 𝕒 𝕙𝕠𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕘𝕖

john b and sarah had made it to their destination in the caribbean's and when he finally got access to a phone, he called home. he was anxious when reese didn't answer at first worried something happened to her. he knew she probably though he was dead and all he had thought about was calling her.

now they were on the phone talking and reese was crying. they both were. "i love you so much john b i thought i lost you." she said crying as john b sniffles trying to not cry so much. "i love you too i'm so sorry i've been trying to call you since we got here." he said to her and they talked for a bit.

he then talked to everyone else. jj, kei, and pope saying how much he missed them. "i want you to look for the gold still. we can't let ward get away with it." he told everyone on the phone. while john b was enthusiastic, no one else was feeling the same energy. "i don't know john b it's dangerous." jj said to him and he shook his head. "he can't steal it from us. my dad found it and he stole it."

reese's pov

"what is he saying?" i asked jj as they whispered back and forth. "nothing nothing." he said and i tried to reach for the phone but he pulled it away. "come onn jj what are y'all talking about?" i said and he looked at me. "he wants us to find the gold and steal it from ward." he said to me and i was mad. i grabbed the phone from him and spoke into the phone.

"john b he killed our father, and he tried to kill you okay fuck that gold. i could kill him." i said angrily and jj had to grab me and calm me down. "how'd you know that?" he said sounding shocked. "the cops told me." i said emotionless again and i looked straight ahead. "reese i'm so sorry i didn't tell you-" he started but i cut him off. "whatever. i'm gonna get him back. that pigs going to rot in jail." i said to him and everyone looked at me.

"that's how we get him back reese okay we steal all the gold okay what do you think he loves more than his own family? money." john b said and i realized he was right. "we're getting that damn money." i said to them and into the phone. "hell yeah we are. okay i have to go now, but i'll call you soon from a different number." he said and we said our goodbyes and hung up.

"how are we going to do that?" kei asked and i looked at everyone. "i'm going to go stay with ward."i said knowing how crazy it sounded, but it was the only way. "what no you aren't." jj said overprotective of me. "yes. i. am. okay you guys look that's the only way we are finding out where he hid all the gold okay. i'm going to act like i think john b is a murderer and that he's dead." i said explaining my plan to them.

"she's right guys that's really the only way we can find it and at the same time get him for the murder of peterkins." pope said nodding in agreement. "see. i told you. jj i'm going to be fine i promise." i said to him grabbing his face. his jaw was clenched and his fist were balled as he looked beside me. "fine but if he hurts you i'm killing him." he said and i kissed him.

"i know. and kei i'm so sorry i'll pay you back eventually, but i'm actually going to need a phone so i can communicate with y'all." i said and she smiled at me as the group hugged. "of course i'll get you one and drop you off near his house." she said all of us still hugging. "let's go take down his ass." i said as we pulled apart and walked to the door. i packed a suit case of clothes and looked to jj.

he was sat on my bed still mad, but more upset. i sat beside him and looked at him. "you can stay here jj. i'll be back in a few weeks probably and when john b calls tell him my number. i'll get kei to give it to you." i said grabbing his hand and he just nodded. "come on jj talk to me." i said realizing why he was upset. "don't do it." he said to me with tears in his eyes.

"i have to do it jj. i have to for my dad and for john b." i said to him hugging him and he cried into my shoulder. "i can't lose you." he said with his voice cracking. "you can never lose me. i'm always with you even when i'm not physically i'm always in your heart." i said kissing his cheek. he calmed down and relaxed as i got up. "i'm about to leave." i said to him and he stood up walking me to kei's car.

"i love you." he said hugging me again. "i love you too. i'll see you soon and i'll call you." i said kissing him. i then hugged and said bye to pope and got in keis car. "you and jj are so cute." she said to me. "you and pope are too. who would've thought our lives would become well... this." i said to her. "i know. and it started so normal too." she said and i nodded.

"it's definitely made us closer though." i said laughing. and we went to the store and bought a phone. it wasn't anything fancy it was and iphone 7 i think it was just something i needed that i could hide from everyone else. i activated it and put everyone's information in it and texted everyone in a group.

we pulled up about a half a mile from wards house. she stop the car and looked at me. "good luck reese be safe. i can't lose one of my only girl-friends." she said and hugged me. "i'll try to be. just make sure jj is okay. i know he wasn't taking my news that well." i said to her as i got out of the car. i hid my phone in my suitcase and started walking. we i got to the house i was crying and i walked up to the door.

i knocked a few times and it finally opened. ward was standing there staring at me as i let fake tears well half fake come out of my eyes. "i don't have a home." i said crying. "my brother is a murderer." i said lying through me teeth and he looked at me. "come in sweetie." he said leading me in the house.