History Repeats Itself

Picture of Nana to the right :) 

I hope you enjoy the chapter!

-------------------------------------------------------------- 

I followed quietly behind Mikhail as he lead me up the stairs and through what look like a gathering room. My eyes searched the room taking in all the nice furnishings and art works. It reminded me of the pack house I had grown up in as a child. The sound of voices pulled my attention and I turned my head in that direction and I saw a two women in the kitchen cooking. The younger of them looked up in our direction with a smile on her face, “Brother!” She called out and ran around the counter and to his side looking ready wrap him up in a big hug. It seemed she was the one who got all the friendly genes in their family. 

Mikhail cleared his throat as if to remind her that he was supposed to be a tough guy. I watched her make a face like she remembered and then returned to smiling up at him, “You were gone for a while this time. Where did you go and did you bring me back anything?” She asked him with curiosity. “You sure ask a lot of questions…” He deflects her inquiry. She hadn’t even noticed me standing behind him. I guess I could see why I mean It’s not like I have a very strong presence when I enter a room. It must be from all the years I’ve spent hiding to stay alive, a lot of good that did me. 

I peeked out from behind Mikhail to get a better look and that when she noticed me. Her eyes widened in surprise, “Whose that? Did you bring me a person?” As if he’d forgotten that I was even their he turned around to look at me. I felt my face sinking into a frown at the thought that he could have forgotten. He looked away from me, “Oh right, this is Elena. She’s going to be staying with us for a little while…” Really that’s what you’re going with? I try to keep from rolling my eyes. You left out the part where I’m your prisoner, oh and also the fact that I’m your mate, but you know what those things aren’t important. 

She looks me over and then comes closer sniffing the air around me. I haven’t spent a lot of time around other wolves so I don’t know if this is a normal greeting but it’s making me uncomfortable. She reaches out and grabs onto my face which completely takes me and my wolf by surprise. She leans in real close and stares into my eyes as if she’s trying to see into my soul then she lets go of me and smiles, “You can call me Nana. I can tell that we are going to be good friends.” I raise an eyebrow, “Right…” I say as I take a step away from her. 

I’m not sure but I think I heard a tiny chuckle come from Mikhail but when I looked up towards him he was looking down at me expressionless. Nana jumped right back into talking to her brother, “Bianca and I were so surprised when we saw Gideon come through here in a hurry carrying a girl because we didn’t even know you guys were back.” That’s right! Sasha! 

“Which way did they go?” I ask in a hurry. Nana looks at me with curiosity and then points toward the big glass door. I nod my head and don’t think twice as I turn to take off towards it, but Mikhail grabs a hold of the back of my shirt holding me in place. 

“What did I tell you?” He says as a warning. I look back over my shoulder at him with a glare, “I’m not running away, I’m not a complete idiot.” He only continued to stare at me unyielding. I struggle a little in his hold, “She’s my friend and I just want to make sure she’s okay.” He doesn’t seem at all convinced by my words, what’s it going to take for him to see that I’m not his usual rogue? He pulls me closer to him, “Don’t worry. Gideon won’t let anything happen to her.” He says in a gentler tone one that I had thought he might be incapable of using. I’m still not letting this go. I cross my arms over my chest and pout a little, “If he harms her in anyway I swear I’ll kill him.” And I then I make sure to make eye contact with him, “And then I’ll kill you…” I whisper up at him putting on a fake smile. I see something flicker behind his eyes and corner of his mouth perks up on one side as if to make a smile, “I’d like to see you try.”