Chapter 28

You love me real, we have it all

Can't leave me now

I love the way, you are today

~ Chaos Chaos "Do You Feel It?"

The Victoria issue had finally been resolved, and Seth was relieved. He had just booked his flight to pick Brooklyn up from her father's house. He knew that she was excited to go home— things with her father had gotten a bit tense after their argument.

By the time his flight came around, Seth could barely contain his excitement. Being away from his imprint had been extremely difficult for him. His mind was always filled with thoughts of her and what she might be doing or how she was feeling. While they spent a lot of time on the phone, that never replaced the intimacy that being near each other had always provided them. He missed being able to kiss her and hold her hand. He missed talking to their baby and feeling her kick beneath his hand. As terrible as it had been to spend so much time apart from Brooklyn, Seth knew that it was the right call for the situation. His job was to keep her safe, and by sending her away, he had.

He just hoped that she wasn't too mad that he had made her stay with her dad. While she had seemed fine when they were talking over the phone, he knew that there was a good chance that she might lash out at him after they had reunited. Honestly, if she did lash out at him, he wouldn't blame her. He had basically forced her out of her home during a time when they should have been preparing for their baby.

His leg was bouncing during the entire flight— he couldn't wait for the plane to land. Brooklyn had texted him before he got on the plane that she would be waiting for him at the gate exit when the plane landed. 

Nearly two hours later, Seth felt the plane touch down. Finally. As soon as the seat belt sign turned off, he sprang out of seat and grabbed his stuff, and then he began to exit the plane along with all the other passengers.

When he finally emerged from the plane, he quickly found his way to the exit.

There she was. He saw her standing near the door wearing a flowy black dress with her hair in a messy bun.

"Brooke," he called out with a smile. Her eyes found him, and she grinned at him.

"Seth!" she exclaimed as she began to make her way towards him. He threw his arms around her, and placed a delicate kiss on her lips.

"I've missed you so fucking much," Seth told her as he pulled away.

"I missed you too," Brooklyn said. "Come on, let's get out of here."

The two teenagers walked out of the airport hand-in-hand.

"So are we driving back to Washington right now, or do you wanna go back to your dad's house?" Seth asked.

"As much as I want to go home, I think we should probably go to my dad's," she said. "You literally just got off the plane, you should have some time to just chill before we drive twenty hours."

"Alright," Seth agreed. "Is it cool if I drive? You can just tell me where to turn and stuff."

"Sure," Brooklyn said, and they got in the car.

They chatted during the car ride, and soon, they had arrived outside of Brooklyn's father's house. Seth reached for the door.

"I should warn you," Brooklyn said. Seth turned to look at her questioningly. "My dad might punch you in the face when we walk into the house. He's really not happy with this whole teen pregnancy situation."

"Did Bella ever tell you how she punched Jake in the face?" Seth said.

"No? Why?" Brooklyn asked confusedly.

"She broke her hand," Seth told her. "So I really hope that your dad doesn't try to hit me because I really don't want to hurt him like that."

"But she slapped Paul and her hand didn't break," Brooklyn pointed out. "Maybe she made a fist wrong? I'm pretty sure my dad can make a proper fist."

Seth shrugged. "I'm not sure, I just don't want to break your dad's hand when it impacts with my face. If he hits me, then it's definitely going to hurt him more than it hurts me."

Brooklyn laughed. "Well if he does hit you, will you at least pretend it hurt? Like I'm mad at him, but I think he needs a win."

"Okay," Seth laughed. "I'll pretend it hurts if your dad punches me in the face."

"Thanks, babe," Brooklyn kisses him on the cheek. "Should we go inside then?"

"Yeah," Seth smiled. "Let's go inside."

They walk into the house, and they're greeted by the sight of Brooklyn's father, his wife, and their kids sitting at the dinner table.

"Oh," Brooklyn said awkwardly. "I didn't realize it was dinner time. My bad, sorry."

"It's alright," Kathy gave a tight lipped smile.

"This is Seth," Brooklyn introduced. Seth smiled and waved.

"It's nice to meet you all," he greeted.

"Why don't you guys grab some food?" Kathy invited them. "You must be hungry."

"Sick, I'm starving," Brooklyn said as she dragged Seth along to the kitchen to grab their food.

"This is going to be really awkward, and I am so sorry," she told him in a hushed whisper.

"It's cool," he whispered back. "I'll survive."

They sat down at the table with everyone else. 

"So you're the punk that knocked up my daughter," Steven said after a few moments of silence.

"Uh, yeah," Seth said. "That would be me."

"Dad," Brooklyn said in a warning tone. 

"What?" Steven replied. "This is his fault, I think we should talk about it."

"With all due respect, sir," Seth said. "Brooklyn is just as much to blame for this... It takes two, and all that jazz."

Brooklyn snorted, but her family didn't seem nearly as amused.

"Steven, maybe we should wait to talk about this privately," Kathy said gesturing to their daughters who seemed really uncomfortable to be at the table while they were having such a tense conversation.

"Fine," Steven grunted. "We'll talk about this after dinner.

The family continued to eat in relative silence. This was by far the most awkward dinner Seth had ever been invited to.

A/N: Sorry for the super late update y'all! I started a non-Wattpad project that took me a lot longer than I thought it would, so I had a late start with writing. Thank you so much for reading!