☠︎ 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟤 ~ 𝒜 𝐵𝓇𝑜𝓀𝑒𝓃 𝒫𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓇 ☠︎

Note:

Heyo! The story will most likely stay in 3rd person, but this chapter will follow the gremlin Ryoma Hoshi, thats all I wish to say, enjoy Chapter 2!

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

"Remember what I said back there Tojo, it's not smart to get close to me."

The last thing Hoshi had said to the Ultimate Maid before turning his back to her. A habit. Leave the scene as soon as possible. Avoid inessential contact. Why did he always think of the outside world as a prison? Probably another nagging habit pressing down on him like a hydraulic press. He heard the footsteps of Kirumi move in the other direction. They were soon drowned by his own, along with the subtle reminder that was the chain around his ankle as it dragged across the polished tile of the dormitory lobby.

He kept his head low, beanie fibers clenched in his right fist. It reminded him painfully of his old Russian blue. He had handed it away to a foster owner before entering prison. Upon coming out, he lacked touch with the foster owner and was unable to retrieve his beloved pet, which only sunk him deeper into the pit of inescapable emptiness. Ryoma just shook his head and made his way down the hall. Door after door, he counted. It was easy to tell which one was his. The multiple scratch marks from his efforts at gripping the doorknob. He peculiarly was able to swing the door open rather quickly, his shoes being met with the soft carpeting of the dorm room.

Of course, they couldn't accommodate the rooms to his height. Ryoma wasn't sure why, possibly budget issues when furnishing the dorms for academy residents. It was set up as if it was a modern hotel room. It wasn't big, but it was a gratifying place. Ryoma had no reason to complain. The bed was like lying on a cloud. So much different then the metal plates he was forced to fall into slumber on during his stay in prison. The room had a brown and tan scheme to it, a large bed in the center of the rectangular room with a flatscreen television positioned so it was watchable from the comforts of the bed. A shelf connected to the headboard of the bed to serve as the nightstand. There was a lounge chair next to the lofty windows, which could be covered by curtains.

The small Hoshi turned his attention to a brown door with a twist knob. He tossed his beanie up and on the corner of his bed. A few reaches and grunts of struggle, then the door swung open with a wave of air. Ryoma almost knocked himself off balance. "Ngh!" He grunted and regained his footing, looking at the room displayed. A bathroom with polished white tile, a walk-in shower, double sink, and toilet. Average, but ten times better than prison yet again. It was usual to place step ladders in bathrooms like these, so the small Hoshi pulled it out and set it up against the bathroom countertop after shutting the door behind himself. He changed out of his clothing and tossed them into the hamper. He reached a tiny hand into the shower and flicked it on warm, waiting for it to heat up to his preferred temperature before he stepped in.

It was difficult to reach the shelves, so he kept the soap on the floor, much easier for his tiny build to reach. Ryoma had constantly felt unassertive over his height, as he was mocked in prison. Smallest there, smallest now. He finished in the shower and stepped out, wrapping a white bath towel around his body. The moist air moistened his cheeks after he dried his face. The mirror was cloudy as well as a result. He jumped up on the stool and combed out his hair, it was a little torturous after he dried it. After taking care of his hair, towel still wrapped around his body, he made his way back out of the bathroom, pulling nightclothes out of a drawer.

He slipped on his bottoms first. They were long pants that he had to tie at the top to get them to fit around his waist, the bottoms where his feet stuck out covered his feet. They were black with blue clouds and made out of a silky soft material. He pulled on his top next, a sweatshirt with the same tennis logo as his hoodie, the same color scheme as well. The sleeves covered a little of his hands as well.

Ryoma used his front hands and feet to propel himself on the bed, throwing the covers a little so he could settle comfortably in a spot. He pulled the comforter over his body, it felt like a warm embrace, his eyes drooping a little. The televisions remote was in reach, Hoshi pulled it in his direction, pressing on the power button. A few seconds, then the television powered on. Nothing for channel after channel. He had began to grow inpatient, until it landed on a channel about cat breeds. Ryoma had never been open about his love for cats to anyone. It was something he would only tell his closest, like a significant other.

It's not like Hoshi had anyone else to tell anyway. The only slightly nice person he had run into after the incident was that Hopes Peak Academy student he had run into at the coffee shop earlier the same day. Kirumi was her name. Even if she was a pleasant person, he was no one she should have business with. Someone as lovely as her didn't deserve to have an opinion or life that included a prisoner like him. After all, all she knew was he "took down a mafia". Kirumi was oblivious to who she met.

Ryoma grumbled under his breath and put his head back on the pillow behind him. The dark rings under his round, black eyes would only get darker if he didn't silence his thoughts and go to sleep, but he just couldn't let certain things. The chain around his leg was also intolerable to sleep with, yet he couldn't remove it. Damned prison, leaving such a sick reminder on his back. He lifted his head up a little and focused his attention on the screen in-front of him. Maine Coons were being discussed. He had the volume down fairly low, so he cranked it up a tad and listened in. Him, his lonely self, watching cat facts on his television at 1 in the morning.

Yet, he was Ryoma Hoshi, the kind of person to do such thing. Ryoma let out a soft yawn and pulled the sheets higher over himself, his head beginning to bob to the side as he slowly fell more and more into sleep. His eyes would flutter closed, he pinched his arm to keep himself from sleeping, but eventually, that had no effect. He slipped into dreamlands before he could know it, he didn't even know it happened. It had been a while since the boy had slept, so he slept deeply, the rise and fall of his chest slow...

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

I apologize if this wasn't the most interesting chapter of the book, I might add some more development between the two next chapter, so stay tuned!

~Eggo