☆ 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ☆

𝐀𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐬 is an angel. Literally. He's currently up in heaven looking down on earth to observe. He's never been to earth, but he wants to. He can't just go down on earth whenever he wants to. Angels only go down on earth whenever someone on earth messes up big time. As in, big time.

Amadis is known in heaven for wishing a lot. He loves to wish. And because of that, God decided that he can only go down on earth when someone wishes something messed up. 

"How will I know if someone wishes something messed up?" Amadis asked God one day.

"There'll be a sign." God smiled.

That was a long time ago, though. So far, Amadis never got a sign. All of his other angel friends have been to earth back and forth. Well, at least he doesn't have a stressful life. All of the other angels look stressed.

Amadis has been unhappy recently. He thinks he doesn't have a purpose in heaven. All he does all day is walk around, observe earth, talk to other angels, and sometimes even eavesdrop on one of the prayers being sent to God. His favorite room in heaven is the prayer room where all prayers are kept.

You see, when someone prays on earth, their prayers go up to heaven inside a bubble. It isn't visible to the naked eye and only the ones in heaven can see it. The prayer bubble goes up to heaven, into the prayer room and floats to the shelf. God goes there everyday and pops a lot of bubbles to listen to the prayers. Amadis just stays by the door and sits quietly to watch and listen.

He's tired of the routine that he's been doing forever, but he has no choice. He isn't going to be called on earth anytime soon anyway.

Or so he thought.

"Amadis! Amadis!" Gabriel, Amadis' best friend in heaven shouts. Amadis quickly stands up from the floor where he was previously sitting and asks, "What? What happened? Is everything okay?!"

Gabriel smiles and nods, "Everything is fine. I am here for good news!"

"The last time you delivered news was years ago...for Mary. Then you had to record a message for Joseph to show up in his dreams. Then Jesus was born and we all know how that went." Amadis says.

Gabriel playfully rolls his eyes and says, "This news is for you and it's about you."

"Why?"

"You know what? I'll just show you. C'mon!" Gabriel grabs his wrist and runs with Amadis to the reception area of heaven. They arrive there and all the angels are walking around and they looked busy.

"Why are we here?" Amadis asks, feeling kind of ashamed that he's in the reception area. He felt like he didn't belong there and that he didn't deserve to be there. He's the only angel with no purpose...or at least that's what he thinks.

"Check the board." Gabriel grins and points at the board above the reception desk. The board is basically a screen with names of the angels and where the angels should be. It's like the screen at airports where your flights are posted.

Amadis looks at the board and gasps. HIS NAME is on the board for the first time in his life and he's happy. Genuinely happy. He quickly looks at the words across his name which is the place where he should be.

𝐀𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥 ------------------------------------ 𝐀𝐧 𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐋𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐧

"An empty what?!" Amadis shrieks as Gabriel slightly pushes him to the reception desk. "Amadis, you've got no time to complain. A child needs you ASAP. The child is still asleep and you have to get down there before the child wakes up. So, there's no time to pack." Gabriel says as he puts Amadis' name on the log book.