𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 ℱℴ𝓊𝓇

Dedicated to _Victoria_yemi

(4)
" Everytime you lie, it brings me closer to goodbye ."
-

Unknown

'D! Wake up D..'
The voice sounded so close but she could not see anyone, the entire place was dark. Suddenly, she felt her body move a little and forced her eyes open. Gradually, she adjusted her eyes to the bright light and looked up at the shadow before her.

The blurry and bright light before her slowly took an actual form. It was then Doris noticed that she was still seated on the same spot on the sofa, she probably slept off waiting for Dorine's call. Matthew was hunched over her, his face filled with so much concern while he stared intently at her sprawled form.

"Hey, I know you are probably very tired from the events of the past few days but I don't think sleeping on the couch would make it better" He said, pulling her body to an upright position.

Doris grabbed the phone which was stuck in-between the couch; it must have fallen out of her hand when she slept. She checked for any missed calls or notifications but there was none. So lost in deep thoughts about what could prevent Dorine from keeping her updated on her plans, she didn't realize that Matthew was still standing before her. That was until he laid a hand on her left shoulder.

"Is everything alright?"

She jumped at his touch. "Yes, it's just that I must have fallen asleep while waiting for my favourite show to begin."
Lying was something very easy for her to do these days and to be honest, she never liked it.

"Come on then, let's get some sleep before morning. It's more comfortable in the room." He moved aside to give her space to walk through.

She smiled at his gesture and slowly made her way to the stairs, looking towards the door from the corner of her eye to ascertain if there was any movement or sound coming from there. Perhaps, her sister was knocking. The husband on the other hand was ignorant of her nervous state.
He opened the large mahogany door to the master's bedroom.

As Matthew made his way to the bed and laid down with his Jordan tracksuit and white polo, Doris headed to the bathroom. "Let me just take a quick shower and I'll join you."

"Mhmm, take your time." He yawned and turned on his side, away from Doris. Within few minutes he drifted off to sleep. He was probably so exhausted after the long journey that he didn't feel the need to tend to his newly wedded woman.

On Doris' part, she didn't crave the attention. The farther he stayed from her, the easier it will be for her to maintain her sanity and her fake identity.