CHAPTER 24

Emma's POV:

When I woke up I was alone in the bed which made me feel half disappointed and half relief at the same time.

At the same time I heard a door open and saw Asher coming out of the bathroom in just a towel.

The previous night's events made their way to the front of my mind making me flustered and I went inside the covers to pretend I was sleeping so he would ignore me.

"Emma!" I heard Asher's voice but ignored it acting I was still asleep.

"I know you are up so just come out of the covers" I heard his voice again and I ignored it again.

"Emma" I heard his voice now a bit closer than before but still ignored it.

Suddenly I felt the covers being pulled but luckily I was quick enough to grab them and cover myself.

Slowly when I looked up, I saw Asher standing there smirking still in his damn towel.

I immediately turned my gaze to the other side trying to ignore him.

I got up and was about to go to the bathroom when I felt Asher holding me from back and resting his head on my neck.

"Don't ignore me Emma. If you regret what happened last night I am.." Asher said when I turned around and pecked his lips.

I gave a negative nod and "I don't regret it. I was just feeling shy" I gestured him blushing.

I heard him laugh making me blush more than I already was.

He came forward and hug me while we stood there for a while in each other's embrace.

"I think you should go and get ready if not we will not be able to leave this room for the whole day" I heard Asher say and immediately I let go of him understanding what he was implying.

I dashed off to the bathroom and did my morning business still flustered.

After my shower I realised I still didn't have any clothes to change in and slowly exited the bathroom in the bathrobe.

When I came outside I saw a bag of clothes on the bed with a note.

For you –A.K

I saw a pair of jeans and t-shirt with a grey coat and changed into them.

I went down to see Asher going through his phone in the dining area.

I went and sat on his right when Lily came along with other maids and started serving our breakfast.

The breakfast went by silently with no one talking with our own thoughts in our minds.

After that we were on our way to Asher's parents place and the drive was as silent as the breakfast before.

When we reached there I went to Asher's side and held his hand giving it a reassuring squeeze. He returned it with a smile and squeezed back.

"Mr. King" the maid greeted opening the door letting us inside.

This is the first time I came here and the house looked as extravagant as every King's mansion I have seen so far.

When we were in the living room Asher's mom greeted us coming to us half way.

"Asher! Emma!" she came and hugged us both.

The same time Asher's dad came out of his office and greeted us.

We got settled down and had few exchanges when Asher divided to come to the main point.

"Dad there is something we wanted to ask you about" Asher said to which Dad nodded him to continue.