Sunnyflight

Unlike Fatespeaker, Sunny does have a level of maturity to her, as well as an enthusiastic personality.

And unlike Fatespeaker, Starflight had shared very heartfelt scenes with Sunny.

This use to my OTP, and I was very upset by how things went.

But as time went by....I'm still pretty pissed about it.

Look, I get that Tui wanted it to be platonic, and I actually appreciate that. I do love good friendships, and I'm glad we finally got a single protagonist.

But...

Why give Sunnyflight more development than Starspeaker? Why make Fatespeaker an almost exact copy of Sunny, and treat her like a replacement instead of a valid love interest?

AND WHY CONFIRM THAT SUNNY WILL HAVE A MATE?

WHAT THE WAS THE POINT OF NOT MAKING SUNNYFLIGHT CANON, IF YOU'RE JUST GOING TO GIVE SUNNY A LOVE INTEREST ANYWAY?

And yes, I know Sunny thinks of Starflight as a brother, and I'm not against that. But why? Give our favorite hybrid some random dragon, when she clearly has more chemistry with Starflight?

I actually forgot where I was going with this. Oh, well.

Pros: In my opinion, their personalities go together really well. They share nice scenes, even if they weren't directly romantic.

Cons: I was sad that they couldn't be anything more than friends, but I calmed down from then. Still, this will always be one of my favorite ships.

 Still, this will always be one of my favorite ships