Chapter 2a (Bonus Chapter)

Day 22

The torn-off bush is a surprisingly good walking stick.
Anyway, it's late as of this writing, but that's okay because I have news. Good and bad news, but both are interesting. No, nothing nerdy this time.
The good news is that I've found the grove. It's dark, sure, but I can see them. Dead, clumped tree trunks with bark so coal-black you couldn't tell what was used for photosynthesis and what not. Whether the color was natural or not wasn't possible to tell at this time of day either.
Some stems still had their tops that resembled mushroom caps. Unlike mushroom caps though, they were not made of fruit tissue, but they were rather large leaves.
Strictly speaking, calling them plants or mushrooms was wrong from a taxonomic point of view as you had to share a common ancestor with a plant or mushroom to be one.
Still, I needed terms my primate brain could understand.
The leaves that were still there were withered and their owners had kinked stems. They were mushrooms that had their heads lowered.
Kinda sad.
I, on the other hand, was glad that I made it this far.
My happiness did not survive the first contact with my laptop though.
When I searched for the file containing this text, a new text file was in the same directory that shouldn't have been there. Its name was „Untitled" and it was supposedly written a day ago or about when I wrote the day eighteen entry.
I'm pretty sure I never created such a file, much less its contents.
The whole file wasn't even a kilobyte big and consisted of only five paragraphs

„Ps j FY grs my I bst rm
Its tt go e
e te t dn h to run, tibm t ecnt wits
rbo rrctd rs d disd gnd
nrt wh nn't re"

That was seriously creepy. I've read enough creepypasta to know that unexplained text files never mean anything good.
I deleted it and checked my folder to see if the document was really gone.
They messed with my laptop, that much was clear.
I need to find this dome. Now!
Considering I've already found the grove, I'm almost there.