Coolest Sleepover (Part 3)

The kids searched for it.

CJ saw Genevieve's tail sticking out of a bush, "There she is!"

But then, they saw another tail sticking out.

Keith asked, "Two turtles?"

Priscilla said, "I thought only one escaped."

CJ said, "Grab them both."

Genevieve crawled out of the bush, but the owner of the second tail slithered out.

The basilisk!

The kids watched with horror as it hissed loudly.

It went to Genevieve and used it's glare to turn her to stone!

It then turned to the kids, who ran away screaming in terror.

The kids tripped on a root and looked up and saw, "Aunt DJ?!"

Trollex caught up with them, "See? Now, we have to-"

The kids started screaming again.

Trollex tried to calm them, "Kids! Please! Screaming's not gonna-Please!"

He then looked over and gasped as he saw the basilisk coming towards them.

"KIDS!"

That got their attention.

"BEHIND ME! NOW!"

The kids did as he said while Trollex tried to keep from looking into the monster's eyes.

He looked back at the frightened kids and knew there was one thing left to do.

"You! Just who do you think you are going around turning others into stone?"

The basilisk was surprised at first, but then started glaring at Trollex.

Trollex shouted, unaware he started turning to stone, "You should be ashamed of yourself! I might have the mind to find your mother and tell her what you've been up to, young man!"

The basilisk started to get nervous, but tried harder with the glare.

Trollex looked him right in the eye, "Now, you go over there and turn Genevieve, DJ Suki, and her wooferbug back to normal!"

The basilisk finally stopped glaring and looked afraid.

"And don't ever let me catch you doing this again!"

The kids smiled as Trollex's stone body went back to normal.

"Do you understand me?!"

The basilisk fearfully nodded and ran off to do as he said.

Trollex asked, "Are you kids ok? I was so worried."

Keith said, "We're fine."

Priscilla asked, "How did you do that?"

Trollex answered, "He probably never had his victims stick up to him before and wasn't sure what to do about it. I guess he was afraid because I made it clear I wasn't."

CJ then said, "It's official: You're just as cool as my Aunt DJ! We're sorry we snuck out of the pod and into Misty Meadows. Aunt DJ is one lucky lady!"

Trollex chuckled and said, "Well, I'm glad you've learned your lesson."

DJ Suki and her wooferbug approached them, "What? What happened?"

Then, Genevieve crawled to them.

Trollex picked her up and said, "I'll explain in the morning. For now, let's just go back to the village."

***

In the morning, Trollex finished telling the story while the kids played with Genevieve, "And that's how I brought you back from stone."

DJ said, "Well, you sure proved me wrong. You had everything under control."

But, Trollex replied, "Oh, I don't think so."

"Huh?"

"If I had everything under control, the kids wouldn't have gotten out. I really bit off more than I could chew. But, from now on, I'm just gonna make sure I'll be able to have some help when I have to watch kids...or pets...again."

Everyone shared a laugh.