Chapter 4

Jihyo's PoV

It was already night when I woke up. I just slept as I got home after I went to my friend's house.

I reached for my phone from the nightstand and opened it. The only light around was the one from my phone so I can't help but close my eyes again as the brightness hits me.

I saw notifications from our group chat so I opened it. It's just a bunch of messages from Jeongyeon and Nayeon. I guess they have spare time.

I kept scrolling, reading what else I missed and stopped as I saw one name.

Y/N: Night everyone :)

That's all that she sent then the rest are the other girls.

I sighed sadly and shifted my position. Still holding my phone while I scroll through my phone. I am still so sleepy that I found myself scrolling through Y/N's Instagram posts.

There's a recent one. Just a while ago.

' I ❤️ Once'

I checked the pictures she posted. There are some that she's with Chaeyoung and their mom but most of it she took it solo. I then found myself smiling as I checked all the pictures that I liked accidentally.

"Shit!" I don't know how fast I bolted up the moment I saw that I really liked the post.

Well, technically I am using my spare account since we still don't have our own accounts except the main account of the group. Y/N has her own because she had it before she even got to our group. I don't think someone will find out it's me, but I know Y/N will. She knows that this is my account.

"Darn it!"

Suddenly another notification popped up.

'Y/N is currently on live'

I clicked to check it and it's true, she's definitely on live. It's only her face showing but I can tell she's already at her bed as the room seems dark too. I was wondering what she was doing when I realized she was singing. Maybe the fans asked her to sing. Not so long after she ended it she looked at the camera.

"That song has been playing in my head. I think it's becoming my favorite too."

I missed her voice.

Before I could know, my mind was straying at the time Y/N confessed to me. I wished I had a better answer to her. Not like this where we suddenly went like this.

Flashback

I'm here with Sejeong as we're celebrating another milestone for her. Her friends came and of course, I'm part of it. I'm sitting on the couch as I wait for Sejeong. While waiting, I kept checking my phone.

"Checking on someone?"

I looked up and saw Sejeong carrying two glasses of drink. She gave the other one to me and I gladly accepted it.

"Not really." I lied.

Actually, I kind of feel guilty. I don't even know why. Y/N asked me a while ago if I have plans today and I told her I'll be attending a party, which is here. I could have sworn I saw her go sad after that. Or maybe I'm just imagining it.

It's the same feeling I felt when I went out with Sejeong for a coffee date. I came back and she's a little cold on me. The other day that was our interview, me, Sana, and her. I knew she was not in the mood unlike the usual whenever she wakes up in the morning feeling charming.