Chapter 3 - Tristan

HIM

(Present)

I WAS STARING ENDLESSLY IN A MYRIAD OF CITY LIGHTS FROM MY LOFT. My mind is blank, my heart is numb. It has been exactly 9 years ago since she left me. It took a long time before I was able to move on. But seeing her again this morning brought back all the bittersweet memories we had. She was just 18 when I met her, and I was ten years her senior. I can still remember the first time I saw her face....

(Flashback)

I was busy looking at my schedule for the day. Being the sole heir and President of Montecarlo Group of Companies, my day is always filled with meetings.

At 26, I was forced to become the CEO of our group of companies when my dad accidentally passed away from a plane crash. Since then, it has been a roller coaster ride for me. Fast forward two years later, I am now the most successful 28-year-old bachelor in the country. My dad taught me well. I miss him a lot and make it a point to visit him on his grave every Sunday.

I usually take the stairs all the way to my office on the 5th floor but today, I was running late and decided to take the elevator. There's just two more people inside. As soon as I entered, they recognized me and greeted, "Good morning, Sir." I just nodded at them.

The elevator doors were closing when suddenly, a hand tried to stop it and squeezed inside the elevator doors. I can still see her grimacing as soon as she made it inside. She looked at her hand, checking if she injured it from her stupidity.

As soon as she held her head up, I saw her hazel brown eyes which were framed with thick eyelashes. She has a perfect nose and soft, pink pouty lips. Her hair was in a neat ponytail, her cheeks were flushed, and I could see beads of perspiration trickling down her neck.

She is wearing a plain white V neck shirt and capri sport legging pants paired with sneakers. I bet she just came from a run and headed straight to the building. I have never been intrigued with a girl before, but she is different. There is something about her, I just couldn't take my eyes off her.

"Ding!" I finally reached my floor and she also went out. She was in a hurry; it seems she already knows this place as she made a right to the Graphic Designs Department. Curious, I continued to follow my gaze to where she was heading.

I saw her hug one of the guys in that department and kiss him on the cheek. I do not really deal a lot with our employees. I am mostly either inside my office or in the boardroom conducting meetings, so I don't even know who this guy she is smitten with. Just seeing her do that caused a twinge of jealousy inside me. I barely know this girl and yet, she is making me feel something I have not felt before.

"Sir, Mr. Briones is already waiting for you in the boardroom." My secretary just suddenly came out of nowhere reminding me of my first meeting for the day. Darn! I am daydreaming this early!

I let my secretary usher me to the meeting. Before I stepped inside the boardroom, I looked at her one more time from afar, trying to memorize her face. Whatever happens, I need to know that girl. I have a feeling that she will be mine.