Ch.15: Blackout

(I'm sorry this took so long. School sucks! Anyways, here you go!)

I had to take a moment to calm myself down before I could leave the bus. I was just so excited! I couldn't believe that I actually found her! If this was a dream, then I never wanted to wake up!

Once I had attached a few smoke bombs to the back of my belt, you know, just in case, I ordered for the zippered mouth of the bus to be opened.

I felt the warmth of the golden sun on my skin and breathed in deeply. The smell of the ocean was very pleasant, I had to admit. It smelled way better than back home, that's for sure.

As I stepped down with my entourage and started to walk towards my sister, I couldn't help but notice that she was looking at me funny. Yes, I know I looked different since the last time we've seen each other, but she didn't exactly look the same either.

She looked a bit tense, so I stopped walking and asked for my rockers to stay behind while I went up ahead. I also told them that if this meet-up were to quickly turn chaotic, then they should step in and help. They agreed, and I continued on my way.

As Roxanne started to walk towards me, I glanced over her as well. Aside from her technicolored hair being tied into a long braid down her back, she was wearing a cream, cold-shoulder dress, and she had a very pretty, pearl ornament on her head.

I didn't know that was supposed to be a crown until a few minutes later.

I wanted to tell her that she looked beautiful, and that she was a sight for sore eyes, but when I opened my mouth to say something, I snorted and said:

"Roxanne, what on earth are you wearing?"

I was taken aback by what I had just said. What the heck just came out of my mouth? I never wanted to say that!

Roxy crossed her arms and spat back, "It's called a dress, sister, and I like wearing it!"

"Jeez, I was just asking. No need to get all hostile towards me!"

I didn't blame her for getting so defensive. I don't know what came over me that caused me to say that.

Our conversation was full of awkward pauses and snippets of dialogue that never seemed to go anywhere. She eventually asked me how dad was doing, and when I told her that he was dead, she looked...relived, to say the least.

For a moment, I felt just as relived as she did. However, that relief was quickly replaced by tension when Roxy asked:

"Katie, why are you here?"

I took a deep breath, then took a step closer to her.

"I came looking for you...to bring you home! I figured this was the first place you'd be since...you know..."

I lost my train of thought for a moment as I quickly snuck a glance behind her. There were two techno trolls swimming in place just a few feet into the water. I immediately recognized one of them as clear as day to be Titus, but the other one...I had never seen before.

He looked quite young, about Barb's age, if not a year younger. He had blue skin, green hair, and emerald green eyes. He also had different colored bands that covered both of his arms from wrist to shoulder.

You probably know EXACTLY who I'm talking about. I figured since he was with Titus, that he was his son, but I never found out that he was actually my nephew until...much later.

I cleared my throat and focused my attention on Roxy again. "I didn't come sooner because...father wouldn't let me...he thought you were a lost cause..." I chuckled a bit and looked down at my feet. I was about to say something along the lines of, "But now I'm here! Did you miss me?", but I never got the chance to say that.