ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟷

3rd Person POV

   Killua was now panicking. 'What the hell?! Did I get thrown into the future?! What about Alluka and Gon?!?' Killua's questions doubled, he couldn't believe it. "Just my luck." He said quietly.

   Eventually, he snapped out of it and went towards the testing gates. That's then he saw a familiar woman, attempting to climb the testing gates with a rope. She seemed very used to this and didn't get annoyed when she didn't get in on the first 3 tries.

   The pale boy walked towards the woman and casually asked, "Yo, who are you?"

   The woman squeaked, she didn't notice the teen there. She then got defensive and yelled "I'm the pro hero, Glare! Who are you and what are you doing on my property?! I know you aren't just a tourist!"

   Killua ignored her yelling and calmly replied with "No, I mean your real name." Which he received an angry glare in return. He assumed she was trying to intimidate him with her 'quirk' or whatever. "What? Is that supposed to scare me?" He spat back at her glare.

   She seemed shocked, 'Usually, he'd be shaken to the core! How did it have no effect?!' She thought to herself. The woman took a moment to think about her response. "Claire," she said, "that's my name, Claire Zoldyck." She finished.

   The white-haired male hummed in response. "Now who the hell are you?!" She instantly snapped. Killua only responded with "I'm like your great great great you-get-the-point great uncle." She stood there, hanging on the rope, so very confused. "Excuse me wh-" She was cut off by the boy as he continued. "Killua Zoldyck. Nice to meet ya." The boy grinned, a very cheeky grin that could be compared to one of a cat.

   "What? That's impossible, the only Killua in the Zoldycks was born generations ago! Stop messing with me, kid!" Claire barked. Killua's expression didn't change, instead he started looking at the woman like her answer didn't matter. "Yea so there was this time hop portal thing that I got caught up in so here I am, flesh and bone. 21st century... I'm such an old fart now." The pale boy started sulking.

   Claire stared in disbelief. 'There's no way this immature kid was capable of becoming a badass assassin!' Killua stopped sulking and stared at the testing gates in boredom. "I thought I'd never be back, but here I am." He said to himself.

   "Alright! Time to open this thing!" Killua stretched a bit, ignoring the stare of the niece of his. "What do you mean? That is locked, you can't get through it!" Claire said. Killua glanced back at her and replied in tone like he was disappointed in what she knew. "It's not locked, it's just a couple of tons." Claire swore she almost fainted.

   'But even if it was true, there's no way this kid could-' Claire's thoughts got cut off as she hears the sliding of something very, very heavy. 

   All 7 gates were opened.

   "Damn, a lot can happen in a couple of years. Wow, 256 tons." The male calmly stated as he kept the gates open. He then heard a flop. Killua found that Claire fainted. He sighed, quickly grabbed her, and went through the gates.

   He placed Claire down on the ground after they went through the gates, he then noticed the giant hounds. All of them were staring at the 'intruder' and started getting defensive. Killua sighed and walked towards the hounds like they were puppies.

   "Sit." The pale boy commanded with little effort. The hounds immediately recognized this threatening aura, an extremely deadly one. They all realized that the teen in front of them was a Zoldyck, not a weak one, but one that could become a top assassin. It didn't take very long for all the ferocious, man-eating giant hounds to sit down like obedient puppies that were trained for this all their lives.

   "Stay, and guard." The white-haired male said and walked away. Killua walked towards the still unconscious Claire and dragged her indoors. The moment he entered, he was shocked. 'So modern!' He mentally screamed. He placed the woman down on a nearby couch and started looking around.

   He went into his old room and was surprised to see a white-haired kid sleeping inside. He recognized the kid as the odd person in the images that genetically got white hair from generations ago.

   Killua observed the kid, finding that he looked about 6-8, had a couple of scratches on his face, hands, and knees. The kid also had a bit of dirt on his feet, most likely the kid has been playing outside lots.

   Suddenly, the boy started shifting and waking up. He let out a yawn as he looked up from his pillow to find Killua standing at the door. "W-What?! Who are you? Wait... you have white hair too! Are you my long lost big brother? Holy crap what's with your shoes?!?" The kid kept asking questions, some were getting kind of offensive for Killua, so he quickly cut off the kid.

   "Yes I'm your long lost big brother and my shoes are just fine you twerp!" The teen spat at the little boy. "Wow! Big brother, nice to meet you! What's your quirk?" The boy asked. "I-" was the only thing Killua could get out before his own mind interrupted him.

   'The hell is a quirkkkkkkk, and what's with this hyper kid?! Everyone in the Zoldycks were super quiet, what happened to the pig genes?' Killua kept questioning himself, and forgot to answer the kid. "Big brother! Are you okay?" The boy asked. "Huh- oh yeah um, I'm fine. My quirk is uh... nothing??" The kid, instead of being disappointed, started getting even more hyper. 

   "Really?!? I don't have one either! Everyone has one so I thought I was weird cause I didn't." The kid responded. "By the way, my name's Yuki!" The boy added on. 'Snow, huh? Makes sense.' Killua thought to himself while staring at the boy's snowy white hair. "Killua." The teen responded.

Killua's POV

   This kid sure was hyper. He reminds me of Alluka, with the whole 'big brother' thing. "Killua? Your name is so cool!! Say, do you know what it's like outside?" Yuki asked. I gave him a questioning look and responded with "What do you mean? Haven't you been outside before?" Yuki frowned and shook his head.

   "I only play in the backyard, I was never able to get out. Mom always said it's dangerous so she couldn't take me outside." Yuki said gloomily. "Then would you like to go outside with me?" I asked. His eyes lit up as he looked at me in a happier way. "Really?! Can you really take me outside? Aren't you quirkless? How will you get out?" Yuki started giving me more questions.

   "Look, Yuki. Just because I don't have a quirk doesn't mean I'm powerless, your big brother is strong enough without one." I confidently answered. He looked at me in awe and we went out the door. Claire was still on the couch, sleeping. I took a pen from a table and a napkin, and quickly wrote down a note for her.

   "Big brother, what are those signs?" Yuki then pointed at my note. "What do you mean? Do you know how to read?" I asked. Yuki nodded and continued. "Yeah, I do. But that's not in any of the books I read!"

   I was stunned. Do they write in a different language? No that can't be, we're on Kukuroo Mountain, and we're both speaking the same language! Plus he's never been outside the mountain his entire life, it's impossible! Which means...

   The writing system changed.