Chapter 16

I don't know why but my protective senses tingled as I took a step in front of his line of sight.

"Oh," He snapped out of his thoughts, "Princess I- um." He stuttered as if losing his cool. "I'm sorry." He frowned and took a step around me, kneeling next too Penny.

"Do I know you?" He asked, almost hopefully.

"Um...." She looked confused and squinted slightly. "I met you earlier! I thanked you!" She smiled as if remembering.

"My name is Julius. You are Penny, no?" He asked again, looking like a hopeful young boy. His hard and scary demeanor seemed to fade slightly as he stared at her with a youthful look in his eyes.

"I am." She nods confused by his question.

"Do you remember me? I can't be mistaken...your freckles have exactly the same pattern." He sat down next to her. His large form, dwarfing her smaller one.

"My freckles?" She cupped her face. "Wait what do you mean 'remember you?'" Watching this gave me a familiar show of dramas I watched in my past life.

Even Rowan who was next to me, just stared at the scene.

"You grew up in a slave market, you had a friend there. You used to comfort them by having them focus of your freckles." He continued, staring at her the whole time.

"How do you know that?" She gasped with almost an offended look in her eye.

"It's me. I escaped, but you couldn't. If only I was stronger." He clenched his fist. I've never seen him so passionate about something. I suddenly felt out of place, like I was disturbing on this oddly beautiful moment.

I gently grabbed Rowan's hand as he was next to me. I tugged him and motioned for him to follow me down the hill.

Luckily he caught my drift and followed as I motioned.

As much as I wanted to watch that moment. It felt all too personal.

"Princess." A messenger appeared in front of me bowed.

"You may speak." I replied to the man, who took up straight with his arms behind his back.

"You have visitors." He nodded.

"Lead us to them." I commanded back to him.

He nodded, in reply to me. Both Rowan and I followed, until we reached the main hall.

There standing there was an awkward silence. King Decker and the Emperor, along with both Hunter and Leo.

"Greetings to the Emperor and King Decker." I curtsied. Luckily, Rowan got the idea to bow as well.

"Hello Princess Sinnett. I came to see how my old friend is doing." The Emperor nodded, looking around.

"I came as well." King Decker nodded looking everywhere except for at the Emperor. I don't remember there being anything conflicting between them, but it sure is interesting.

"Yes of course." I nodded and straighten my back. I looked around and my eyes caught on a maid.

"He is not up yet, but I will have a maid lead you there. I can't even guarantee our palace doctor will let you in." I said, turning back to the men. I felt the presence of the other maid next to me, noting what I said.

"I am the Emperor, so he will have to let me in." The Emperor said pridefully.

"Yes yes of course." I laughed slightly irked at his prideful behavior.

"I-If you'd follow me..." The young maid bowed to the men, signaling their attention to her. They both began to walk towards her before turning to look at each other and the King staying at least 6 feet away from the Emperor.

As soon as they were gone Leo and Hunter took a step towards me, Hunter being a little quicker. He got down to one knee and took my hand, bringing it to his lips.

"I came as soon as I heard." He said before straightening himself.

Leo on the other hand took the opportunity to embrace me, without greeting me properly.

"How immature..." I swear I heard Hunter scoff under his breath.

"I'm sorry I couldn't be here to protect you." Leo frowned. "But I swear I will kill the perpetrator for this." He said letting go.

Finally both the blonde boy and the raven haired boy, looked to Rowan who was practically hissing at them from behind me.

"Don't fret, I am not as weak as I might seem. Plus, I had him to help me." I smiled and I pulled Rowan in front of me and put my hands on his shoulders looking down at his head. His hair, now that it is clean, is a lot whiter than it was earlier.

The boys stood inspecting Rowan, not even bothering to introduce themselves.

I sighed, "Rowan, this is Prince Leo Decker, my uh fiancé..." I bent down and put my face near his, pointing to the blonde.

"And this is Grand Prince Hunter Barnes, son of the Emperor..." I pointed to the one with black hair.

"Nice to meet you...I am Rowan..." He spoke hesitantly and clearly, for one of the first times.

"Likewise." Hunter bowed.

"Yes, nice too meet you." Leo bowed as well. I could tell they were both confused as his purpose of still being here, but I didn't have time to explain before more voices cut in.

"Perpetrators..." Blaine said walking in, with Victoria behind him.

"Pardon?" I questioned turning to him.

"Leo said earlier that he would kill the perpetrator, but their was two of them." He said catching up to the rest of us.

"Is that right..." Hunter mumbled, though it wasn't a question.

"Who was it?" Leo asked turning to me.

I sighed and bit my lip, glancing at Blaine, not wanting to out their mother. Blaine on the other hand seemed to have no care, though I could tell his eyes were slightly swollen.

"It was my father's personal guard that was ordered by..." I hesitated.

"My mother." Blaine sighed.

"It was terrible! So terrible!" Victoria whined, finally gracing is with her presence.

"How do we know they aren't with their mother?" Hunter asked, not accusingly but just curious.

"W-well.." Blaine stuttered, not used to being put on the spot.

"We don't." I interrupted.

"S-Sabrina?" Blaine gasped.

"We will just have to trust them..." I smiled apologetically to Blaine, for my hesitant reply.

In that moment, even amongst all the chaos that was now going on. One thought occurred to me in the moment.

This is the first time all of us are together. The first time all the main characters are meeting. It's strange...I know this story is different, but no one even seems to be paying Victoria any attention at all....

Hey everyone, school has started for me. I also play a fall sport and have a job on the weekends. I'm sorry for not updating in so long, but I just thought I'd explain a bit.

^^^^copy and pasted from my other story